Professional Svcs Consultant II
CentralSquare Technologies | Professional Services | Surrey, British Columbia
Professional Services Consultant delivers detailed technology solutions through consulting project activities. Responsibilities include client engagements requiring varied interpersonal and technical skills. Technical responsibilities include problem identification, system architecture definition, hardware/software specification and/or design, implementation, testing, client training, and solution deployment. Performance is typically evaluated based on utilization, (i.e., billable hours).
May participate in sales and proposal presentations and User Conferences.
Identifies additional product/services opportunities in customer organization.
- Bachelor’s degree in Information Technology, Computer Science or similar area of study
- 0-2 years of experience customer service or technical systems support
- Read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals
- Speak effectively with customers on phone calls, in meetings or in person
- Provide proper feedback, in written and/or oral format, regarding projects
- Solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists
- Interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form
- Must have basic knowledge of various versions of Microsoft operating systems
- Basic understanding of SQL database administration and write simple SQL statements
Knowledge of the following a plus, but not required:
- Database software
- Web server and IIS configuration
- Ability to understand and write complex SQL statements
- Debug and troubleshoot programming languages
- Working knowledge of PowerShell scripting
- Experience with Informix or Oracle databases
Ability to travel a minimum of 25%