Senior Software Engineer (Ruby, Python, react.js)
Cvent | Technology | Tysons Corner, VA
Kapow, now a Cvent company, is an industry-leading event platform that allows companies to find, book and manage memorable, scalable and essential corporate events. We help companies grow revenue quickly by combining 10,000+ unique, pre-packaged experiences, national partnerships with restaurants, retailers and other special event venues, and the service and expertise of local event experts. Kapow empowers customers to drive stakeholder collaboration, boost attendance, fill pipeline, measure success and produce bottom-line results from their event programs.
Here’s where you come in. We’re looking for motivated, energetic and flexible team players that want to be part of something big. If you’re a self-starter looking to carve out a niche at an early-stage, high-growth company, Kapow is the place for you.
What You Will Be Doing
- Developing features for the Kapow platform using Ruby/Rails, Git and MySQL
- Building API’s
- Using source version control tools
- Doing cloud based deployments
- Working in 2-week sprints and you’ll be participating in all Scrum activities
- Designing and architecting software features
What You Need for this Position
- 5+ years of relevant software engineering experience on an app framework like Rails, Spring, Django, Python...etc.
- Comfortable developing API’s (GraphQL, RESTful, JSON)
- Familiarity with third party API integrations
- Experience working in cloud environment like AWS (EC2, S3, Elasticsearch, ElasticBeanStalk, CloudFormation)
- Proficient with SQL and databases like MySQL, PostgreSQL,...etc.
- Fluent in Unit Testing (RSpec, Cucumber, or equivalent in your favorite language)
- Experience with continuous integration environments and deployment tools (Jenkins, Travis CI)
- Scaling applications and platforms to larger scale with server/application performance optimization
- Best practices around system security and encryption schemes
- Programming structures (multi-thread, single thread,...etc.)
- Fluency in Agile principles and core manifesto thinking.
- Prior experience working with ALM (Application Lifecycle Management) tools such as JIRA, Rally (CA Agile Central), VersionOne, TFS
- You are a problem solver and an executor who can thrive in an agile environment
Nice To Have
- Experience with Ruby on Rails
- Experience developing microservices
- Experience with e-commerce transactions and related security
- Experience with A|B and Multivariate testing methodologies and techniques
- Experience developing and improving e-commerce platforms
- Application architecture principles (Kruchten 4+1, UML, TOGAF ADM, C4, DDD, XP, Continuous Design)
- Experience with distributed systems architecture