BI Engineer, Software Development
Aptean | Development | Bangalore,
Would you like to be a part of the organization where high energy meets intellect? If you get excited by solving puzzles and working in a collaborative environment, then Aptean wants to work with you!!
Aptean provides very specific industries with very specific ERP, supply chain management, and customer experience solutions. In today’s fast-paced, highly competitive economy, organizations don’t have time to waste forcing homegrown software, spreadsheets, and one-size-fits-all solutions to do things they were never designed to do. Aptean is on a mission to end those workarounds – with industry-specific solutions instead of generic software, expert support instead of making you go it alone, and a steady influx of new ideas instead of the status quo. That’s why over 7,000 highly specialized organizations in more than 20 industries and 74 countries rely on Aptean to streamline their everyday operations.
Aptean is focused on providing products and solutions to customers in specific verticals. Our products are rich in feature and functionality and delivered on premise, SaaS and Hybrid delivery models. Aptean’s products deliver value at lowest total cost of ownership and scale with needs of our customers. Most of our products and solutions are leaders in the vertical market segments they serve.
Aptean uses its core values of Drive For Results, Win Together, Foster Innovation, and Be Courageous to guide its employee community to serve every customer in every geography and market.
Role : BI Engineer, Software Development
The BI Engineer, Development is responsible for development tasks like coding and debugging of Business Intelligence solutions for a variety of product lines using standard concepts and principles. Works as a fully contributing team member, under broad guidance. S/he needs to understand and implement the functional requirements. S/he is expected to further build upon domain knowledge and technical/proprietary skills to reach levels of expertise. S/he should be able to guide new members in the team to help them scale up faster.
Roles and Responsibilities
- Contributes to successful delivery of a feature, such as use case refinement during release planning and estimating tasks during sprint planning.
- Is able to create a low-level design given a set of functional requirements as a use case.
- Implements (coding) functional requirements with good quality.
- Performs unit testing and fixes customer problems independently with little or no guidance from others.
- Works with QA, Doc and Product Owners in the Agile team cohesively to deliver product releases efficiently.
- Follows Aptean development process, agile methodology and Software Development Lifecycle (design, coding, testing, Maintenance).
- Is able to work on multiple product lines and keep the requirements and special considerations for each in mind
If you are determined to give your best every day and you are seeking an opportunity to work with an amazing group of people, then apply online today!
Aptean Recruitment Team
Work Experience (Indicate the approximate years of relevant work experience necessary for this position)
Typically requires a minimum of 2 years of related experience with a Bachelor’s degree; or 1 year and a Master’s degree; or a PhD without experience; or equivalent work experience. Typical range is 2-5 years.
- Good knowledge of SDLC, Operating systems, Algorithms, Data Structures
- Working knowledge of Object Oriented Programming Systems and databases.
- Has worked on BI projects before (integration, modelling, requirements gathering, etc.).
- Familiar with the Kimball method of data warehouse design
- Knowledge of web services coding and SaaS deployment a plus.
- Understanding of relational databases
- Ability to write SQL queries
- Working knowledge of at least one of the following languages & technologies
o C# and .NET framework 4.0,4.5,4.6
Skills and Abilities
Problem Solving skills, Good Team player, Excellent Written and Spoken Communication skills, Intercultural skills, ability to Work with Global Teams at different time zones