Ping Identity | Sales (6100) | Burlington, MA
At Ping Identity, we're changing the way people think about enterprise security technology. With our innovative Identity Defined Security platform, we're helping to build a borderless world where people have total freedom to work wherever and however they want. Without friction. Without fear.
We're headquartered in Denver, Colorado, and we have offices and employees around the globe. And we serve the largest, most demanding enterprises worldwide, including over half of the Fortune 100. Because even in the most complex enterprise environments, security shouldn't be a source of anxiety. It should be one of your greatest competitive advantages.
We call this digital freedom. And it's not just something we provide our customers. It's something that drives our company. People don't come here to join a culture that's built on digital freedom. They come to cultivate it.
The Account Executive is responsible for selling new licenses and professional services opportunities to new prospects. The Account Executive is also responsible managing existing customer relations; including renewals and additional licensing and services opportunities. Candidates must have an enterprise software or services sales background. Experience previously selling security software, identity and access management, or infrastructure technologies is preferred. The selected candidate will have successfully sold to large enterprises in their designated territory.
This can be a field-based role.
- Develop and execute sales/business plans to achieve quarterly sales/business objectives
- Create and implement account strategy, including developing and maintaining relationships with key decision makers
- Must be able to deliver value propositions to IT management as well as VP and C-level business management
- Must be able to work with existing clients to help develop upsell and cross-selling opportunities
- Recognize customer business problems and drive/influence resources to address opportunities
- Act as a liaison between Ping Identity and customers and develop a team selling approach with pre-sales technical specialists and the customer support organization
- Assist with partner recruitment, training and ongoing support
Provide accurate and timely forecasts
- Five to seven years quota-carrying software sales experience
- Proven successful track record with annual quotas
- Strong prospecting, qualifying, closing and managing skills
- Successful candidates will have experience in managing complex, technical sales cycles
- Familiarity with cyber security and/or identity is a bonus
- Strong written and oral communication skills, including cold calls, proposal preparation, and presentation skills
- Executive selling and negotiating skills
- Must have energy, drive, commitment and passion
- Goals-oriented, team player, ability to delegate to pre-sales and post-sales
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment
- Be comfortable selling in a hybrid-selling environment, where both direct and indirect approaches are used
- Creative deal-making skills
- Detail and results oriented.
- Demonstrate a high level of self-motivation, commitment and activity to attain corporate and personal goal
- Prior use of CRM applications (Siebel, Salesforce.com, etc.) and Microsoft applications such as Word/Excel/etc.
- Applicant must reside within the geography of the assigned territory.
- Travel required
- Highly motivated
- Team oriented
- Sound understanding of the Cloud and IT ecosystem
- Good solution selling skills
- Longevity track record
- High integrity
- Strong interpersonal communications skill