Associate UI Designer
CentralSquare Technologies | Development | Lake Mary, FL
Associate UI Designer (UI Designer I)
CentralSquare is looking for UI designers who are passionate problem solvers interested in shaping the future of how governments manage all aspects of their communities. Ideal candidates will possess a balance of disciplined visual design and technical problem-solving skills. This role will communicate and present to key stakeholders regarding user needs and design solutions. UI designers collaborate within cross-functional teams to deliver industry-leading user experiences across CentralSquare’s suite of products.
- Create interaction patterns, workflows, screens and UI components that improve our software
- Maintain and incrementally improve CentralSquare’s visual design language, pattern libraries and usage guidelines
- Understand business requirements and objectives and how they address industry needs
- Proactively address self-identified skill gaps as well as those identified by your peers
- Actively participate in design critiques, stakeholder reviews and demos
- Strong understanding of graphic design fundamentals (typography, color theory, layout, etc.)
- Strong attention to detail and desire to learn
- Working knowledge of HTML/CSS and interest in learning JS and WPF basics
- Some prior experience with User Centered Design and Agile Development methodologies
- Comfortable using/learning Sketch, Plant, and prototyping tools like Invision or UXPin, etc.
- Ability to clearly communicate design ideas to other designers
- Portfolio that demonstrates clear insights, problem-solving, organizational skills, and intuitive solutions