Airframe & Power Plant Mechanic/IA
EagleView | Operations | Saint George, UT
Seeking an experienced Airframe & Power Plant Mechanic to support large-scale aerial survey operations. This position will report directly to the Fleet Maintenance Manager. Primary responsibilities will include interfacing with vendor mechanics, establishing best practices for aircraft and camera system maintenance, and performing sign-offs for camera maintenance and installs in accordance with FAA regulations. The candidate will also be responsible for inspections, repairs, modifications, periodic maintenance and service of aircraft within the limits of the employee’s Federal Aviation Association (FAA) Airframe & Power Plant (A&P) certificate with respect to Part 91 operations. This opportunity is based in St. George, UT, but may require up to 70% travel.
- Work with team of vendor mechanics to service and maintain fleet of multi-engine fixed-wing piston aircraft in accordance with FAA part 91 operations
- Troubleshoot repairs, perform scheduled and routine maintenance of camera systems & aircraft
- Troubleshoot airframe, engine and components.
- Hands-on maintenance for any discrepancies
- Assess timelines and costs associated to maintenance items and parts
- Ensure aircraft are returned to service according to FAA regulations
- Help establish and maintain an inventory control system for aircraft components
- Periodically audit log books ensuring accuracy and timeliness of entries
- Ability to travel on the road to service aircraft and perform unscheduled maintenance.
- Perform pre-buy inspections and make recommendations on purchasing aircraft
- Other duties as assigned.
- Airframe & Power Plant (A&P) Certificate and Inspection Authorization (IA) Certificate with a minimum 3 years experience
- Extensive experience working on fixed-wing multi-engine piston aircraft
- Proven experience working with other mechanics
- Professional pilot's license preferred. Commercial license a bonus.
- Strong written and verbal communications skills
- Strong technical and analytical skills
- Ability to prioritize and adapt quickly
- Well-organized, dependable, self-sufficient