Manager of Finance
Vista Equity Partners | Accounting/Finance | Oakland, CA
Vista Equity Partners is seeking to hire a Manager of Finance to join our growing Finance team and support day-to-day operations of Vista’s private equity funds. The role will have direct responsibility for one or more Vista’s equity funds and will be a key contributor within the finance and accounting team.
This role is for an immediate start and is based in Oakland, CA.
- Review of capital calls and distributions prepared by third party fund administrator, including setting up shadowing work papers
- Quarterly review of closing work papers and financial statements prepared by third party fund administrator
- Detailed review of waterfall calculations prepared by third party fund administrator, including setting up parallel model
- Monitor cash activities on a real time basis when there are capital calls and distributions
- Coordinate with third party administrator and outside tax regarding tax provisions for quarterly reporting
- Limited partner support – responding to various information needs/requests, quarterly capital accounts, unfunded commitments, audit confirmations
- Review of quarterly valuation prepared by deal team
- Fund level performance reporting
- Quarterly Limited Partner report reviews
- Deal team support relating to Funds
- Tracking and management of fund level credit facilities
- Review expenses charged to Funds and perform allocations in accordance with the Firm’s expense allocation policy
- Review materials prepared by Investor Relation and Compliance departments related to due diligence requests and regulatory filings
- Ad Hoc projects
- Minimum of 5 years of hands-on fund accounting/reporting experience in a private equity firm or a combination of public accounting and a private equity firm that is fast-paced, complex & growth oriented organization. Big 4 experience preferred but not required.
- B.A./B.S. in Accounting or Finance
- CPA is required
- Must have previous managerial experience
- Excellent communication, partnering, presentation and influencing skills
- Strong analytical skills, great attention to detail, expert modeling and spreadsheet capabilities.
- Ability to manage multi-project workload within tight deadlines through strong organizational and planning skills
- High level of integrity and dependability with a strong sense of urgency and results-orientation.
About Vista Equity Partners
Vista Equity Partners is a U.S.-based investment firm with offices in Austin, Chicago, New York City, Oakland, and San Francisco with more than $46 billion in cumulative capital commitments. Vista exclusively invests in software, data, and technology-enabled organizations led by world-class management teams. As a value-added investor with a long-term perspective, Vista contributes professional expertise and multi-level support towards companies to realize their full potential. Vista’s investment approach is anchored by a sizable long-term capital base, experience in structuring technology-oriented transactions, and proven management techniques that yield flexibility and opportunity.