Associate Account Manager
CentralSquare Technologies | Sales & Marketing
Associate Account Manager
The Associate Account Manager’s primary focus is working with our customers to drive sales of additional CentralSquare products and services and work with them on long term planning. This includes expanding customer business of additional CentralSquare products, provide budgetary proposals, coordinate and attend demonstrations, follow-up with quotes, escalate support inquiries and will provide overall top-notch account management to the customers in the assigned territory. This role requires independent judgement. This position is also receiving directive from the Account Manager and Director of Sales.
- Works closely with Director of Account Management and Account Managers as primary client contact regarding sales. Develops a trusted advisor relationship with Clients.
- The Associate Account Manager role is assigned a territory with a quota. The Associate Account Manager is responsible for mining and maintaining the territory and developing a pipeline that exceeds the annual quota. The Associate Account Manager is responsible for working all opportunities in their pipeline, regardless of stage, until they are closed. The Associate Account Manager will continue to be a primary contact that continues after the sale.
- Responsible for learning the territory assigned that includes, customer profile (which products do the customers own) and white-space upselling (what additional products can you sell them).
- Responsible to stay current on competitive data and overall knowledge of the public safety market and competitors.
- Works with clients to ensure onboarding, user adoption, retention and overall success. Ensures that clients employ best practices and the CentralSquare solution is optimized for maximum value in client environment.
- Assist AE/AM with RFP/RFI procurement process for customers in assigned territory who are interested in expanding with additional CentralSquare product offerings.
- Tracks all client interactions in the Customer Relationship Management (CRM), currently Salesforce.com system. This includes all sales activities.
- Responds to quote requests from Clients (add on seat licenses, interfaces, upgrades, training or additional modules etc.). This includes preparing price quotes using the Endeavor pricing tool and follow-up to answer questions and advance their interest in additional CentralSquare products.
- Acts as Client champion and facilitates timely resolution of Client issues, leveraging resources from across the company as needed.
- Regularly meets Clients to perform strategic and operational reviews to evaluate needs and strategic direction. Identifies up/cross-selling targets. Once these are identified, this becomes potential opportunity that is worked by the Associate Account Manager.
- Attends tradeshows as needed to interact with customers in assigned territory.
- Represents the voice of the Client internally at CentralSquare by taking feedback from the frontlines and sharing it with other departments.
- Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration or related field.
- Technically savvy with ability to learn new software quickly.
- Able to communicate effectively with end users, sales, and technical teams.
- Intermediate skills with SalesForce.com (or other CRM) and proficiency with MS Office suite.
- Minimum 3 years of experience in a client-facing complex Enterprise Software Account Management, and/or Sales role.