VIEW ALL APPLY NOW
Quality Engineer II
Cvent | Technology | Chicago, IL
IS THIS YOU...
You are somebody looking for an opportunity that helps you grow and recognize your goals.
You are somebody that looks to make positive contributions to a technology team.
You are somebody that understands how business drives technology.
You are somebody who has a prosperity mindset to succeed.
If this sounds like you, then please read on...
WHO WE ARE
Kapow, now a Cvent company, is an industry-leading event platform that allows companies to find, book and manage memorable, scalable and essential corporate events. We help companies grow revenue quickly by combining 10,000+ unique, pre-packaged experiences, national partnerships with restaurants, retailers and other special event venues, and the service and expertise of local event experts. Kapow empowers customers to drive stakeholder collaboration, boost attendance, fill pipeline, measure success and produce bottom-line results from their event programs. Based in Chicago, we operate all over the U. S. and in select international markets.
Here is where you come in. We are looking for talented engineers that want to be part of something big. If you are a self-starter looking to carve out a niche at a high-growth company, Kapow is the place for you.
WHAT WE OFFER
A culture of ownership, a fun workspace with a built-in bar, a prime Chicago location on the river at Wacker & Wells (just steps from the CTA and Metra), weekly team lunches (and we take snack requests), the latest engineering tech, fun off-site adventures, and an opportunity to change corporate events forever.
- Identify and remove risks to quality for Kapow applications and product portfolio.
- Drive improvements to standard operating procedures and the collection and distribution of necessary metrics to ensure efficiency and effectiveness in our QE practices.
- Estimate, plan, coordinate and test web applications developed with the latest technologies.
- Pro-actively engage Product and Development to understand stories and defect reports for verification. Provide thoughtful enhancements to Product.
- Oversee and participate in the creation of simple, effective, complete defect reports based on testing.
- Participate in exploratory manual testing, documentation of testing, and automation.
- Coordinate and oversee the maintenance of test data
- Help coordinate the QE testing and release procedures for a product team.
- Oversee and participate in the work of verification and validation of user stories implemented in web front end, back end, APIs, and supporting third-party tools.
- Working with database technologies
- You will be doing two-week sprints and be participating in all Agile based ceremonies.
- 3+ years of experience in all aspects of software testing.
- Demonstrated and ability to research issues and improve processes.
- Demonstrated ability to identify good test cases and document defects.
- Demonstrated ability to write documentation around testing practices.
- Ability to thrive in a changing agile/nimble environment.
- Experience with testing and debugging tools.
- Functional knowledge of application security standards and practices.
- Extensive experience testing applications across multiple browsers and operating systems.
- Comfort with command line and SQL tools.
Nice To Have:
- Experience with API test tools such as Postman
- Experience with test scripting management tools such as Atlassian X-ray
- Experience with Selenium with Ruby bindings but Java and Python experience is fine.
- Familiarity with development frameworks such as RoR, Spring, Django,...etc.
- Familiarity with Agile lifecycle tools such as JIRA
- Previous experience with exception and uptime monitoring (ie. Honeybadger)
- Knowledge with CI/CD tools like Jenkins and Travis CI
- Experience with document management tools such as Confluence, Sharepoint,...etc.
- Familiarity with ecommerce transactions.
- Experience testing and improving eCommerce platforms.
- Experience with Github or Stash/Bitbucket.
- Exposure to Amazon Web Services
- Some familiarity with Salesforce.com