Chief of Staff, R&D
Numerator | Engineering | San Francisco, CA
Numerator is a market intelligence firm that brings together omnichannel marketing, merchandising and sales data to make pursuing new possibilities simple for brand, retail and agency clients. Owned by Vista Equity Partners, Numerator is the only company in the marketplace to connect omnichannel purchase data (powered by the InfoScout OmniPanel) and comprehensive path data to deliver an unmatched view of the consumer shopping and purchase experience.
The ideal candidate is somebody who is very organized and makes every person on the greater team better. The role will be helping facilitate operational discipline, organizational change management and leadership support via insights and action. Responsibilities will be across and not limited to running programs for the Engineering organization’s communication strategy, budgeting, vendor negotiations, KPI tracking, liaison to executives/teams and external brand management for advocacy & recruiting. The role will report to the EVP of Engineering and be the right hand to the senior technical leader in the company.
A typical week would be to run the agenda for the R&D senior leadership team, oversee the agile scrum reports, validate SLAs, audit a new manager’s one on one to help coach, manage an interview panel, update run rate for T&E spend for team, coordinate an RFP request for InfoSec and represent EVP of Engineering at 50% of program status check-ins.
Additional ad hoc work might be to set the blog posting schedule for the month, coordinate with recruiting on hosting a HackBright charity event and run a software platform ROI analysis.
The role is a combination of steady state program management along with bursts of strategic change management and new functionality implementation for the Engineering team.
Skills & Requirements
- A Bachelor’s degree of equivalent work experience
- 5+ years of experience working in the technology industry
- Experience in the technology field at the program management or executive level
- Operational, budget and headcount planning
- Strong Excel skills & business modeling
- Excellent written and oral communication
- Demonstrated examples of leadership and ability to influence within a complex organizational environment
- Agile software or scrum experience
- Strong organizational skills are required
Exceptional candidates will have:
- 3+ years as a Program Manager
- Experience in Marketing Analytics field
- Public speaking and writing experience
- Direct managerial experience
- Data visualization, presentation & design skills
- Operational experience with a global team
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.