AGDATA | Professional Services | Charlotte, NC
We are the most trusted provider of data collection and management, marketing program management, and analytical solutions for our Crop and Animal Health industry clients. With data services at the core—surrounded by an extensible array of streamlined software solutions—our unified platform represents over three decades of innovation and expertise in the agriculture, crop protection, specialty chemical and animal health industries.
Backed by an entrepreneurial, creative and energetic work force, teammates at AGDATA are pushing the boundaries of technology to enhance our relationships with our clients. We are a growing team, focused on adding creative, knowledgeable individuals who are ready to jump right in and make an immediate impact.
The Solutions Consultant role is a hands-on and detail-oriented role, focused on finding solutions for animal health and crop protection manufacturers’ biggest challenges with sales and marketing data. Responsibilities are geared towards pre-sales collaboration with Sales to define opportunities, create a vision for the solution, and then interface with the Service Delivery team to ensure an efficient hand-off for execution.
As a Solutions Consultant, you must be able to understand complex and disparate data systems and the have ability to communicate business requirements and potential solutions to technical and non-technical stakeholders alike. Solutions Consultant’s objectives are geared towards the design of consistent, repeatable and scalable solutions that positively contribute to the AGDATA’s technological, operational and financial growth plans.
You will have the opportunity to:
- Consulting with Sales on opportunities and creating a vision for new solutions that create enhanced value and selling that vision to clients
- Collaborating with Sales to develop value-based pricing for new opportunities by thoroughly understanding and communicating the associated value proposition
- Facilitating deep dives with clients to understand their pain points and requirements including uses, use cases and user acceptance criteria
- Leading software and field demonstrations, training and educational meetings
- Ensuring sufficient documentation of new opportunities to the Service Delivery team so that they can efficiently develop and support the solutions
- Collaborating with Service Delivery to ensure optimal integration of new solutions into existing operational workflows
- Identifying, summarizing and communicating requirements for enhanced software solutions back into Product Management, with the goal of informing future solutions
Our Ideal Candidate will have:
- BS or BA degree (MBA a plus)
- 10+ years’ experience overall, including at least 3 years as a Solutions Consultant, Pre-Sales Engineer or Dev Manager
- Must have an understanding of AGILE development practices
- Must be willing to develop an understanding of the agricultural and/or animal health business
- Expertise in eliciting software/data requirements and turning that information into a creative vision for a new solution
- High degree of communication skills (written, verbal and presentation)
- Exceptional analytic skills and conceptual thinking ability
- Ability to successfully influence and execute in a matrix environment
- Demonstrated ability to interface with clients
- Ability to handle multiple tasks simultaneously and prioritize accordingly
- Must exhibit a high degree of self-motivation, creativity, and initiative
- Team player with strong sense of responsibility
We seek out and reward people who are adaptable, accountable, collaborative and curious. We want our teammates to reflect the diversity of the communities in which we operate. We welcome people as they are, creating an inclusive culture where all forms of diversity are seen as a real value for the company. We’re looking for people with a passion for success and who are looking to GROW!