Backend Software Engineer
Applause | Engineering | Warsaw,
We are looking for backend software engineers who:
- Are customer-focused, driven and passionate in creating premier experiences through well designed, tested and maintainable code-bases.
- Are always looking to learn and improve – independent self-learners who love to share what they find.
- Are team-focused, pragmatic engineers who enjoy working in small, agile teams, in a language-agnostic software environment.
- 3+ years' experience building commercial software.
- Commercial experience with Java Spring Boot (Java 8, Java 11) or Python’s Django
- Solid understanding of object-oriented programming principles
- Good understanding of HTTP concepts, backend/frontend separation and familiarity with using and building RESTful APIs
- Proficient understanding of code versioning tools such as Git/Github and a collaborative workflow based on branches and PRs
- Experience with unit and integration tests for the created code
- Experience with relational and No-SQL databases (we use MySQL, Postgres, Redis and Memcached)
Nice to have:
- Familiarity with running services in the cloud (we use AWS)
- Experience with building 12-factor applications
- Familiarity with container solutions (we use Docker)
- Experience with building NodeJS backends
- Experience with data streams or real-time data pipelines.
- Experience with tuning software solutions and data-store dependencies for stability/scalability
- Experience in managing and manipulating large, complex datasets stored in relational/non-relational data-stores
Thousands of leading companies — including Ford, Fox, Google, and Dow Jones — rely on Applause as a best practice to deliver high-quality digital experiences that customers love.