Vice President, Finance
AGDATA | Finance/Accounting | Charlotte, NC
We are the most trusted provider of data collection and management, marketing program management, and analytical solutions for our Crop and Animal Health industry clients. With data services at the core—surrounded by an extensible array of streamlined software solutions—our unified platform represents over three decades of innovation and expertise in the agriculture, crop protection, specialty chemical and animal health industries.
Backed by an entrepreneurial, creative and energetic work force, teammates at AGDATA are pushing the boundaries of technology to enhance our relationships with our clients. We are a growing team, focused on adding creative, knowledgeable individuals who are ready to jump right in and make an immediate impact.
Position OverviewReporting to the President & CFO, the VP Finance will provide leadership and coordination of company forecasting, financial planning, and budget management functions, as well as overseeing the accounting function and ensuring company accounting procedures and financial reporting conform to GAAP.
You will have the opportunity to:
- Supervise Director FP&A and Controller roles.
- Direct and coordinate financial planning and budget management functions
- Direct all aspects of accounting operations, including monthly close, general ledger, financial reporting, and bank reconciliations
- Manage the preparation of financial outlooks and financial forecasts
- Supervise the preparation of financial analyses for contract negotiations and product investment decisions
- Manage tax planning, and compliance with all required federal, state and local taxes
- Manage and ensure compliance with all necessary insurance policies
- Assist in establishing short- and long-range departmental goals, objectives, policies, and operating procedures
- Assist senior management with financial planning and results management, including defining reporting needs and cost forecasting
- Manage lender reporting and relationships
- Design, establish, and maintain an organizational structure to effectively accomplish the departments goals and objectives
- Coordinate financial audits and provide recommendations for procedural improvements
Our Ideal Candidate will have:
- Masters Degree in Finance, Accounting or Business or related field (preferred)
- 10+ years experience in a mid to senior level finance or accounting position, and a CPA (preferred)
- Knowledge of finance, accounting, budgeting, and cost control principles including GAAP
- Knowledge of financial and accounting reporting systems.
- Ability to analyze financial data and prepare financial reports, statements and projections
- Ability to motivate teams to produce quality materials within tight timeframes and simultaneously manage several projects
- Ability to multi-task in a fast-paced environment with fluctuating priorities and deadlines
We seek out and reward people who are adaptable, accountable, collaborative and curious. We want our teammates to reflect the diversity of the communities in which we operate. We welcome people as they are, creating an inclusive culture where all forms of diversity are seen as a real value for the company. We’re looking for people with a passion for success and who are looking to GROW!