Manager of Finance
Vista Equity Partners | Accounting/Finance | Oakland, CA
Vista Credit Partners is seeking to hire a Manager of Finance to work closely with the broader finance team to support and oversee aspects of the day-to-day operations of Vista Equity Partner’s growing credit platform. Fund structures may include master-feeder structures, open-ended structures, or closed-end structures, primarily investing in debt instruments and other opportunistic investments.
In order to be successful in Vista’s dynamic and fast paced environment, the right candidate is an individual with a deep understanding of fund accounting, investment operations, and financial systems. Given the growth stage of the credit product line, this is a unique opportunity to learn all facets of the credit business and grow with the firm. Additionally, the role will have exposure to other areas of a growing private equity firm through frequent interaction with investment professionals, the compliance and investor relation teams.
This role is based in Oakland, CA and is for an immediate start.
- Assist with the continued development of process and procedures surrounding all aspects of accounting, financial and operational reporting, and performance analysis of the credit funds to build and improve effectiveness, efficiency, and accuracy of the growing platform.
- Assist in the review and build out of monitoring controls over accounting & operational deliverables; including the review of all monthly, quarterly and annual fund accounting packages, including annual GAAP financial statements and footnote disclosures across multiple fund structures as well as ad-hoc and recurring investment team requests.
- Review daily portfolio balances across all investment products, including position and cash account values and reconciliations to ensure discrepancies are identified and resolved. Coordinate discrepancy resolutions with both the fund administrator and bank loan administrator.
- Assist in the calculation and tracking of all limited partner capital balance reporting, including preparation and review of management fees, performance fees, capital contributions and distributions and limited partner account statements.
- Liaise with bank and trade counterparties for deal execution of both primary and secondary deals, review fund flows and settlement documentation, as well as confirming principal & interest payments, and requirements surrounding leverage facility reporting.
- Assist with new fund & product launches, including understanding fund structure and jurisdictions, coordination with various internal/external parties, review of draft legal documentation for reporting requirements/fee structures/etc.
- Responsible for the initial setup & ongoing monitoring and review of the portfolio of investment’s asset attributes. Work with investment team and counterparties to confirm asset transactions & updates to the Security Master portfolio data.
- Conduct asset pricing verification processes across the investment portfolios. Verify pricing feeds to books & records and reconcile discrepancies as needed.
- Assist with the financial and operational requirements needed for CLO products, including but not limited to: Monthly & Quarterly Trustee Report verification, CLO Waterfall reconciliations, and liaise with the appointed vendor over CLO shadow services and coordination of hypothetical CLO Compliance testing with all applicable parties.
- BS/BA degree in business or related field.
- Big 4 experience is a plus
- 4+ years of relevant professional experience including public accounting, fund accounting, and investment operations experience in the fixed income or alternative asset management space, including closed-end and/or open-ended structures.
- Strong finance, accounting and investment operations skills, including system/technology skills and proficient to excellent in– Microsoft© Office Suite (Outlook, Word, Excel, and PowerPoint) experience.
- Experience in Trade systems a plus, such as BMS Everest, Mariana, and EzeCastle
- Experience in working with Fund Administrators, Bank Loan Administrators, Valuation service providers, and CLO service providers is preferred.
- Detail oriented, and a self-starter able to work in a fast-paced environment
- Strong interpersonal, written, and verbal communication skills
- Excellent organizational skills and ability to multi-task
- Strong problem-solving and analytical skills
- Strong teamwork skills and able to coordinate across multiple business functions
ABOUT VISTA EQUITY PARTNERS
Vista Equity Partners is a U.S.-based investment firm with offices in Austin, Chicago, New York City, Oakland, and San Francisco with more than $46 billion in cumulative capital commitments. Vista exclusively invests in software, data, and technology-enabled organizations led by world-class management teams. As a value-added investor with a long-term perspective, Vista contributes professional expertise and multi-level support towards companies to realize their full potential. Vista’s investment approach is anchored by a sizable long-term capital base, experience in structuring technology-oriented transactions, and proven management techniques that yield flexibility and opportunity.
Vista Credit Partners (VCP) is a strategic credit investor and financing partner focused on the rapidly growing enterprise software, data, and technology market. We employ a highly disciplined approach to credit investing while maintaining flexibility to pursue investments offering the best relative value. VCP sources opportunities in both the middle market and broadly syndicated market and invests across the capital structure. The VCP senior leadership and investment team consists of experienced credit professionals who have spent their careers sourcing, underwriting, executing, and managing credit portfolios for market leading institutions. Since formation in 2013, VCP has deployed over $3.7 billion and grown to over $2.4 billion of assets under management.