Team Lead/ Manager, Professional Services
Cvent | Client Services | Washington, DC
A best friend's wedding, a 10th anniversary party, an exclusive NFL training day lunch, a NASCAR race, Dreamforce, The Grammys, a first concert, the opening of a new museum - we all have a favorite event.
Events and meetings make an impact that lasts a lifetime. And, as more and more of our lives are spent online, this time offline is truly rare. So, at SocialTables, now a Cvent company, our goal is to make it easy to bring great people together, face-to-face.
With more than 4.5 million successful events brought to life using our award-winning event management platform, we'd say we're well on our way. As we look to the future, we're focused on continuing to innovate and create stronger partnerships to bring joy through the power of in-person connection. And that's where you come in!
If you want a job where there’s more enthusiasm than there is red tape, where ideas are sought after and celebrated, and where hard work changes the course of human history, then Social Tables may be the place for you!
What you will be doing
The mission of the Manager, Professional Services is to help the Social Tables Client Services department transform into a profit center. This role will lead a team that helps build the infrastructure, instrumentation, and mechanisms for accountability to drive new service revenue streams.
The Manager, Professional Services leads a team of 7 Project Coordinators, who implement the Social Tables product lines both for net new customers and existing customers. Additionally, this role laterally manages a 22 person team in India responsible for the delivery of floor plan and microsite content in a timeline manner, working to enhance communication and collaboration between the US and India-based teams.
This role will productize all services by creating SKUs and training the sales department. In general, this role will work cross-functionally with key stakeholders like Product, Marketing, Sales to deliver on goals and drive revenue for the business.
- Your time will be divided between people management, team operations, managing special initiatives, and other miscellaneous duties to support the team.
- Review client-facing deliverables to ensure consistent material output.
- Assist team members with complex issue resolution or configuration work, as needed.
- Conduct weekly team 1:1s and 2 annual formalized performance reviews.
- Demonstrate a high-level of professionalism in a leadership capacity.
- Provide continuous coaching and feedback on the team’s Individual Development Plans.
- Ensure all SOPs are being adhered to by regular audits.
- Conduct prospective new hire interviews. Assist in new hire training and provide feedback for presentations.
- Excel at fostering new hire onboarding and team processes.
- Review/approve scoped hours.
Reporting & Initiative Management:
- Serve on the Social Tables Leadership Team.
- Report out on weekly, monthly, and quarterly team performance for KPIs andLeadership initiatives.
- Ensure timely execution of quarterly Leadership goals and ad-hoc assignments from the head of Client Services.
- Formalize and refine SOPs, codified processes, and KPIs on the team and individual level
Client Facing Work:
- Providing coaching feedback to direct reports on client implementation calls.
- First point of contact for issue escalation.
- Join discovery and/or kickoff and closeout calls.
- Join client calls and conduct regular check-ins with clients.
- Be an expert in team processes and ensure team compliance.
- Scope new sales projects.
- SOW writing/reviews for all potential implementations.
What you bring to the table
- 2+ years in an implementation role
- 3-5+ years of direct Management Experience.
- Experience managing complex implementations
- Comfortable drafting and adhering to scopes of work and change orders; legal fluency a plus
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent professional industry working experience strongly preferred.
- Data driven - comfortable with professional service KPI’s, processes, and building business cases off of imperfect data
- Marketing and product mindset - experience developing packages and value proposition for new product offerings based on industry, company, and marketplace knowledge
- Coaching and feedback - Provides timely, relevant, and meaningful feedback to elevate employee performance and contributions.
- Motivation - Leverages a combination of incentives, relevant communication, recognition, and performance feedback to keep positive morale within PM team.
- Organizational skills - Prioritizes and delivers on multiple priorities; manages competing objectives; knows when and how to communicate pertinent information to appropriate stakeholders.
- Initiative - Takes leadership role on various projects and acts a as project manager to deliver on business goals.
- Results-driven - Delivers desired outcomes within or before the desired timeframe; identifies and breaks down barriers to achieve results; approaches process seeking solutions and has a bias towards action.
Our benefits set you up to do your best work, how you like to do it. We offer competitive salary packages, an extensive benefits package for all full-time employees including medical, dental, vision, semi annual bonuses, 401K Match, in office gym, and other great perks! And, we're committed to building an inclusive environment for people of all backgrounds and everyone is encouraged to apply.
Social Tables and Cvent maintain a drug-free workplace