Associate Help Desk Engineer
Greenway Health | Information Technology | Carrollton, GA
This position is responsible for providing quality and professional desktop support to Greenway employees. Responsible for configuring new PCs or laptops, user account creation, basic desktop software support, hardware upgrades and data conversions, hardware troubleshooting assistance, peripheral troubleshooting, and other support issues that are related to the end user systems for Greenway employees.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
- Responds to and resolves issues reported by Greenway employees on IT supported products.
- Utilizes ticket tracking systems to document user technical issues and resolutions.
- May participate in deployment projects with other IT teams.
- May perform user administration on servers.
- Responsible for system preparation, including Operation System installation, software installations and user configurations, for new and rebuilt systems for employees.
- Performs software installs, minor hardware repairs/maintenance and assists with moving employees' desktop equipment.
- Responsible for maintaining relevant equipment information in asset database.
- Provides emergency on-call support on a rotating schedule.
- Helps run video / web conferencing meetings
- All other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
- High school diploma or equivalent.Associate’s degree in Technology/Computers preferred.
- 1 – 2 years of computer experience.
- Excellent customer service skills.
- Good analytical and troubleshooting skills.
- Basic knowledge of computers, operating systems and terminology.
- Familiar with Microsoft operating systems and Microsoft applications.
- Ability to manage multiple tasks, while effectively focusing on priority issues.
- Ability to create, document, and follow processes and procedures.
- Ability to work as a member of a team.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Comfortable working with executives
Work Environment/Physical Demands
- Working conditions are in an office environment.
- Ability to use computer, phone, and other office equipment.
- Ability to lift and move equipment weighing 30-40lbs.