Senior Systems Engineer
Xactly Corporation | Engineering | San Jose, CA
Job Title: System Engineer
Location: San Jose, CA or Denver, CO
Function: Data Operations
Position Type: Full-time
Position Level: Senior
Xactly Corporation was founded to solve an important challenge: how to help people everywhere connect and unleash their human potential through seamless, perfectly aligned Sales Performance Management. Xactly’s comprehensive Sales Performance Management (SPM) suite leverages data from a sales performance AI platform to provide timely insights across the entire SPM value chain, from sales planning to execution, including compensation to optimization. Xactly takes Sales Performance Management from a dark art to a science, providing decision-makers with the data insights they need to tap the motivational power of their incentive compensation. With access to predictive analytics and benchmark data, enterprises can now optimize territories, design the right compensation and incentive plans and accelerate attainment and optimization of sales performance.
As the System Engineer at Xactly Corporation, you’ll be strongly versed across a variety of hardware and software manufacturers, and a high degree of comfort and experience in mixed vendor environments (Cisco UCS, Dell, Pure Storage, EMC, etc.). You’ll bring a deep understanding of configurations management tools such as Chef, CFEngine or Puppet and be proficient in at least one programing language such as Java, Perl, Ruby, Python, etc. You’ll be managing and building multi-tenant environments with provisioning tools like OpenNebula, Terraform, and supporting virtualized technologies VMWare, KVM, Xen. You will be a leader regarding supporting and troubleshooting Linux services and protocols, production tools and have strong implementation experience. You’ll be supporting the team by building cookie-cutter installation and deployment processes and work with large data sets that create near real-time analytics.
Xactly’s Data Ops team is a rapidly growing & very well diversified team with a very strong focus on cutting-edge tools & technologies. We are a strong team comprising of 20+ members spread across our engineering centers in San Jose, Denver and Bangalore (India). All members of the team are encouraged to operate independently and with highest levels of accountability, yet collaboratively while learning new skills from each other. The Data Ops team is dedicated to providing 24x7 system availability and conduct regular releases and upkeep. Xactly Data Ops team members work with the cutting edge tools & technologies like Cisco, UCS, Dell, Pure Storage, EMC, Chef, Puppet, Java, VMWare, Map-reduce, Linux services and protocols: TCP/IP, DNS, NFS, LDAP, SFTP, SSH, SMTP, SNMP, SSL, and HTTP to name a few.
THE SKILL SET
- 5+ years of relevant experience
- Strongly versed across a variety of hardware and software manufacturers, and a high degree of comfort and experience in mixed vendor environments (Cisco UCS, Dell, Pure Storage, EMC, etc.)
- Strong understanding of configurations management tools such as Chef, CFEngine or Puppet
- Proficient in at least one programing language such as Java, Perl, Ruby, Python, etc.
- Experience managing and building multi-tenant environments with provisioning tools like OpenNebula, Terraform, etc.
- Experience with any of the following virtualization technologies VMWare, KVM, Xen, etc.
- Knowledge and experience in supporting and troubleshooting Linux services and protocols: TCP/IP, DNS, NFS, LDAP, SFTP, SSH, SMTP, SNMP, SSL, and HTTP
- Production experience with Map-reduce, Hadoop, Hive, JBoss, and Tomcat
- Implementation experience with NoSQL databases such as Cassandra, MongoDB, etc…
- Knowledge of building cookie-cutter installation and deployment processes
- Previous experience working with large data sets that create near real-time analytics
- Experienced with infrastructure service provisioning and deployment on cloud services
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Bachelors/Masters degree in related field or equivalent experience preferred
WITHIN ONE MONTH, YOU’LL:
- Attend New Hire Training and potentially visit offices across the US
- Familiarize yourself with the team processes and tools
- Participate in release nights
- Get to know your team
WITHIN THREE MONTHS, YOU’LL:
- Start to support key initiatives and work hands-on in Linux regularly
- Work hands-on with the large data center stack
- Gain more autonomy and responsibility in regard to daily activities and project-based work
- Continue to meet 1x1 with your manager
WITHIN SIX MONTHS, YOU’LL:
- Start to lead initiatives and work hands-on in Linux regularly
- Understand ways to create more efficiencies in our Data Center
- Own job responsibilities more fully in regard to daily activities and project-based work
- Engage in ongoing training and meeting with your manager to ensure continuous learning
WITHIN TWELVE MONTHS, YOU’LL:
- Be an expert in our Data Center systems
- Be a consultant to the business that identifies ways to continually improve
- Lead initiative and collaborate with other experts
- Be a technical lead and expert amongst your peers
Is this role not an exact fit for you? Keep an eye on our Careers Page for other positions!
Benefits and Perks
- Flexible Time Off (FTO)
- Comprehensive Insurance Coverage (including pet insurance!)
- Tuition Reimbursement
- XactlyFit Gym/Fitness Program Reimbursement
- Kitchen Stocked Daily with Tasty Snacks, Fruit, and Drinks
- Access to Corporate Discounts
- Parking & Commuter Benefits
- Up to (3) Days Paid Leave to Participate in Community & Volunteer Opportunities
- End of Month Surprises, Contests, BBQs, Parties & Reward Vacations
- 401(k) Retirement Savings Plan & Employer Match
THE XACTLY STORY:
Xactly is a leading provider of enterprise-class, cloud-based, incentive compensation solutions for employee and sales performance management. We achieve this by following our vision: Unleashing human potential to maximize company performance. We address a critical business need: to incentivize employees and align their behaviors with company goals. Our solutions allow organizations to make better strategic decisions, optimize behaviors, increase sales and employee performance, improve margins, increase operational efficiencies, mitigate risk, design better incentive compensation plans, and reduce error rates in incentive compensation calculations. Our core values of Customer Focus | Accountability | Respect | Excellence are key to our success, and each day we’re committed to upholding them by delivering the best we can to our customers.
We were the first 100% cloud-based, multi-tenant provider focusing solely on the incentive compensation and employee and sales performance management market, and we achieved our leadership position through domain expertise and innovative technology. We deliver our solutions through a Software-as-a-Service (SaaS) business model.
Xactly is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. Xactly provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, disability, veteran status, pregnancy, sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by law.
We do not accept resumes from agencies, headhunters, or other suppliers who have not signed a formal agreement with us.