Lead - Customer Communications Manager
PowerSchool | Support | Bengaluru, Karnataka
This position, under the general direction of both the supervisor and manager, serves as the identified PowerSchool critical escalation manager who provides dynamic customer support for our award-winning K-12 software systems. This position provides world class solutions-oriented support while serving as the single point of contact for projects, escalations and releases with a strong focus on customer service that is designed to provide maximum customer satisfaction for our PowerSchool customers.
The Critical Escalation Manager is responsible for providing proactive monitoring and customer escalation management and in support of our customers with their cloud and product needs. This role will act as a liaison and coordinate internal efforts to obtain issue resolution for reported escalated issues that have a significant impact on the business relationship or affect productivity. The Technical Escalation Manager will also be responsible for developing and monitoring dashboards for trends to reduce the amount of escalations and improve customer satisfaction. This position relies heavily on personal accountability for results, a willingness to go ‘the extra mile’ for PowerSchool customers and a collaborative approach that brings the best to each and every customer.
Duties and Responsibilities
Essential duties and responsibilities include the following. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Manage customer escalations and coordinate resolution efforts with key stakeholders (internal and external) by working cross-functionally to ensure issue ownership, action items, and communications are fulfilled. Ensure critical client SLAs are met
- Ensure customer escalations are resolved within agreed upon timelines, process change ideas are implemented, and Influence others towards action and change.
- Reduce escalation volume
- Lead improvements by monitoring and developing dashboards to proactively monitor trends and customer escalations and use data to recommend technical and/or business process changes to meet expectations and/or optimize productivity
- Facilitate and report on daily and/or weekly stand-ups to ensure appropriate visibility of key customer issues including escalation status reporting, statistics, trending analysis, issue status activities, and resources
- Ability to translate technical concepts to peers, management, leadership and customers.
- Support leadership in strategic, business, and operational planning
- Coordinate upgrade/release activities in tandem with the PowerSchool’s Internal teams.
- Work with client to test and confirm readiness to deploy remediated solutions to their production environments.
- Prepares standard statistical reports, such as help desk incident reports
- Serve as an escalation point for issues that impact the customer’s success
- Consults with programmers to explain software errors or to recommend changes to programs
- May test software and hardware to evaluate ease of use and whether product will aid user in performing work
- All other duties as assigned
To be considered for and to perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty and responsibility satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required.
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience in providing complex SaaS Customer Support, management, and/or supervision
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent is a must.
- Analyze data to draw first-order conclusions and understand this year's business challenges
- Ability to effectively operate with high energy and flexibility in a fast-paced, constantly-evolving team environment
- Proven track record of working collaboratively to improve the customer’s experience
- Ability to develop collaborative relationships with customers, partners, and developers across the business at all levels
- Demonstrate strong interpersonal and communication skills while working with diverse audiences including highly technical IT professionals, developers, and architects
- Able to manage relationships with peers and managers as it relates to support and services
- Ability to navigate complexity and create collaborative, cross-functional solutions
- Strong communication, presentation, and relationship management skills
- Able to translate complex issues in an understandable, organized way
- Knowledge of CRM tools, preferably Salesforce
- Good working knowledge of MS-Office and Reporting tools
- Ability to maintain positive attitude and foster a collaborative and unified work environment
- Willing to work in Shifts and in 24X7 work environment