Director, Bids & Proposals
PowerSchool | Sales | US - Remote-based, CA
The Director, Bids and Proposals is responsible for providing direct supervision and management of PowerSchool’s proposal services department. Primary duties include team management, continuous improvement of the proposals process, analysis of submitted and competitive RFP responses, and ensuring strategic competitive positioning and pricing in all of PowerSchool’s responses. This position will regularly collaborate with internal and external contributors and SMEs as necessary, including but not limited to Product Management, Solution Engineering, Finance, and Sales Enablement. This position requires in-depth knowledge of the proposals response process; strong collaboration skills; experience in competitive positioning, messaging, and analysis; and a “continuous improvement” mindset.
Duties and Responsibilities Essential duties and responsibilities include the following. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
• Designs and execute highly efficient and effective proposals processes to maximize sales and company productivity and revenue; improve proposal-writing results by evaluating and re-designing processes, approach, coordination, tools, and messaging, implementing changes where necessary.
• Provides regular support on responses to ensure quality, competitiveness, timeliness, and proper collaboration in responses for strategic opportunities.
• Leads competitive analysis efforts to ensure appropriate pricing, solutioning, and messaging in all RFP response scenarios.
• Leads analyses for lost opportunities, identifying key drivers for losses and deriving action plans to mitigate future risks.
• Makes recommendations to standard pricing, packaging, and positioning approaches based on competitive and win/loss analyses
• Collaborates with Product, Marketing, and Sales Enablement to both improve and ensure consistence of messaging across all internal- and external-facing materials.
• Leads a team of 5+ staff, providing a framework for their individual and team success.
• Provides regular updates to Executive and Sales Leadership on proposals wins & losses, bid/no-bid decisions, workload, process, and market findings.
• Other duties as assigned
To be considered for and to perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty and responsibility satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required.
• Previous leadership of proposal response organizations required.
• Experience in process improvement, specifically for proposal response.
• Excellent research skills; ability to conduct market and competitive research.
• Excellent interpersonal, problem solving, and organizational skills.
• Strong quantitative skills; experience in pricing analyses.
• Deadline-oriented, with great attention to detail.
• Communicates in a professional and credible manner.
• Ability to work seamlessly on a remote basis with irregular hours.
• Salesforce.com experience a plus.