Cvent | Technology | Draper, UT
Here at Cvent, the Scrum Master will facilitate processes, escalates impediments, manage risk, promote architectural strength, and help to drive continuous improvements at the project level. As part of the Technical Program Management department, the Scrum Master will lead Agile teams with autonomy and accountability through key ceremonies such as daily scrums, sprint planning, retrospectives and demonstrations. The Scrum Master will also be responsible for ensuring that sprints are on time and that the teams are ready for their deadlines.
Cvent, Inc. is a leading meetings, events, and hospitality management technology provider with more than 3,700 employees, 25,000 customers, and 300,000 users worldwide. The company is headquartered in Tysons, VA, and has office locations all over the world. Cvent has been named “2018 Top Workplace” by The Washington Post and a “Best Place to Work” by Washington Business Journal. Our employees are our most valuable assets and their passion has allowed Cvent to become the industry leader we are today.
What You Will Be Doing
- Promote adherence to Agile software development best practices and act as an Agile coach to the project team.
- Facilitate development team meetings by scheduling and coordinating them as well as encouraging constructive communication and guidance of topics throughout the meeting.
- Manage risks and dependencies as well as identify and remove impediments.
- Review and understand metrics and other key performance indicators (KPI) in order to drive continuous improvement for the sprint teams.
- Coordinate elements of the release plan with other technology staff outside of the project and encourage architect and team collaboration.
- Establish performance of the sprint teams through continuous improvement, building leadership skills and inspiring leadership in others.
- Guide scrum teams to implement Lean processes in order to increase quality output.
- Effectively communicate project status, including risks and dependencies to Executive Management.
What You Need for this Position
- 2+ years of IT or software development experience including 2+ years of experience as a Scrum Master or Agile Coach for multiple development teams.
- Demonstrated ability to influence and coach teams towards high performance in an Agile environment.
- Understanding of backlog tracking, burn down metrics, velocity, and task definitions.
- Strong leadership, time management, conflict resolution, and analytical skills.
- Outstanding written and oral communication skills.
- Experience with Atlassian Tools such as Jira and Confluence preferred, but not required.
- MS/BS degree in Computer Science, Engineering or equivalent
Nice to Have
- ScrumMaster Certification (CSM)
- Project Management Professional Certification (PMP)
Cvent maintains a drug-free workplace