Digital Engagement Strategist
Granicus | Professional Services | Washington, DC
The Granicus Digital Engagement Services team develops and implements multi-channel digital communication campaigns, ongoing audience engagement outreach and system optimization strategies for government organizations and public-sector partners. Our services result in dramatically expanded and highly engaged digital audiences and thriving online communities.
The Digital Engagement Strategist executes the implementation of Digital Engagement Services projects in support of Granicus’s suite of SaaS solutions. Strong candidates will have a proven track record of implementing comprehensive digital engagement projects for clients, preferably for government clients. Candidates will have experience facilitating discovery sessions, developing digital engagement strategies, and applying metrics and analytics. Candidates will be experts in email and social media communications, as well as community engagement and management. Clients must have a desire to be part of a data-driven, client-focused, fast-paced team that loves the mission of improving the citizen experience and providing world-class service to government clients.
Projects range from assessing the effectiveness of a rural county’s digital communications initiative, to driving awareness-to-action of a state-wide initiative, to growing a large federal agency’s digital audience in a short timeframe, to managing the largest online community to advance national preparedness and resilience. The position reports to the Manager of the Digital Engagement Services team based in D.C.
What You'll Do:
- Execute and manage complex and comprehensive digital engagement projects for public sector clients including complete management of project scope, timeline and technical and design requirements.
- Continuously demonstrate a polished, professional relationship with colleagues and clients by always being organized, prepared and proactive.
- Closely collaborate with internal team members and contractors.
- Provide expertise as a trusted advisor to clients and partners.
- Act as a primary client feedback conduit to the Digital Engagement Services Manager and maintain proactive approaches to executing client initiatives, anticipating client needs and keenly guiding decisions based on data and best practices.
- Support and consult Federal/State/Local Sales and Client Success Consultant teams in endeavors to pursue Digital Engagement Services opportunities.
- Occasionally represent Granicus Digital Engagement Services in speaking roles, panel participation, webinars, workshops and client outreach, as well as attend and participate in industry conferences and workshops throughout the U.S. as needed.
- Become an expert on Granicus products and future product development by keeping abreast of new and upcoming enhancements.
Who You Are:
- You have 5+ years of digital consulting/content production/communications strategy development/technical know-how and execution experience, preferably in a digital/social media company serving government or at a government agency.
- You are a master of digital communications and engagement tools ranging from email marketing, online collaboration, social networks, survey data from client sources, website data via Google Analytics and the next new thing.
- You have experience and/or enthusiasm for working with government.
- You consistently manage, produce results and scope for simultaneous projects in a fast-paced environment.
- You demonstrate excitement and expertise in building and facilitating online communities.
- You skillfully enlist internal stakeholders to help navigate within a client organization.
- You are passionate about public service, citizen engagement and communication.
- You appreciate data and enjoy telling stories and visualizing data.
- You have experience using CRM solutions (SalesForce preferred).
- You thrive on new opportunities in a fast-paced environment while maintaining a self-starter drive and delivery of project tasks and deliverables.
- You are hungry and passionate, have a collaborative spirit and be committed to making a difference with communications and collaboration.
- You maintain awareness and understanding of government news as well as digital communications and industry developments that apply to the position and responsibilities.
- You possess superior communication (oral and written) and analytical skills.
- You have an authentic and polished presence at all times.
Granicus is committed to providing equal employment opportunities. All qualified applicants and employees will be considered for employment and advancement without regard to race, color, religion, creed, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, physical or mental disability, age, genetic information, sexual or affectional orientation, marital status, status with regard to public assistance, familial status, military or veteran status or any other status protected by applicable law.