TIBCO | 56112 PSG EMEA Project Management | Madrid,
As we continue to grow and expand our core service offerings, the Operations Engineer will help automate, operationalize, orchestrate, secure, scale and monitor the 24x7, service delivery platform. This individual will also automate the configuration of systems and integrate them with continuous delivery pipelines.
Position's primary focus will be in the areas of software operations (mainly with TIBCO products). Performs a variety of technology support duties to ensure smooth delivery of technology services. Monitors, operates, or coordinates and assists others in the operation of complex platforms based on TIBCO technology in order to achieve desired results. Utilizes software and monitoring tools to perform a broad range of activities, production job processing, defect maintenance and repair and software operations interventions. Requires few supervision and may act as lead when the need arises. Updates supervisor on status of technical issues. Exercises judgment and creativity in selecting and applying procedures correctly, and determines when to refer problems to the supervisor or next level of support. May provide information to customer or other colleagues on established policies and procedures, or services provided.
The job holder will be expected to perform the following: -
- Provides assistance on software issue specialized on TIBCO technology or operates a multi-platform environment or monitors the production scheduling, execution, and successful completion of production jobs;
- Sets up and configures software (mainly TIBCO products);
- Installs software;
- Tests programs;
- Troubleshoots, diagnoses problems, implements corrective action procedures within prescribed guidelines and/or escalates to other technical resources as appropriate;
- Maintains and monitor systems, databases and web pages;
- Administers user accounts;
- Designs and produces basic reports;
- Sets up and submits production jobs and edits and debugs computer output;
- Transfers computer files between platforms;
- Acts as a customer liaison for the computing operation, communicating, resolving, and/or initiating the resolution of problems and concerns;
- Arranges for distribution of output to customer;
- Maintains records;
- Contributes to unit goals by accomplishing related duties as required.