Entry Level Scheduler (Fixed Term 12 Months)
Advanced | Services - Project Management | Birmingham, England
- 12 months fixed-term contract
- Based in the Mailbox, Birmingham
- £20,000 salary
Advanced are one of the UK’s largest software companies, developing a range of solutions covering the whole industry and delivering right, first-time solutions, which solve customer problems, save money and deliver significant impact to users’ lives. With more than 16,000 customers relying on our systems & infrastructure, our Schedulers help to make the complex simple, as we become one of the UK technology industry’s success stories. We’re growing fast and building an exciting future.
Based in the Mailbox, the Professional Services team provide optimal value to the business by ensuring accuracy and diligence in all tasks undertaken, taking pride in the successful completion of work and ensuring the customers’ needs are at the forefront at all times.
What you will be doing
- Own projects that do not have a Project Manager and liaise with the client and internal consultants to get these projects scheduled for delivery
- Work with clients to ensure any adjustments in the schedule are acted upon promptly and any issues are dealt with to resolution
- Whitespace Management – Where there are gaps in the Consultants diary, identify work from the scheduling backlog to ensure that these resources are fully utilised
- Ensure all scheduling orders are actively managed in ‘open-air’, including but not limited to, backlog statuses, project status, estimated completion dates and RAG status.
- Maintain service lead time information for Sales team to set Customer expectations with regard to delivery timescales.
What you will be good at
- Strong communication skills
- A strong level of attention to detail
- Fantastic organisation skills
- An interest in developing a career in Project Management, Business Administration or Sales.
Reimagine your Future by Joining the Advanced Team
We hire for potential, and develop at pace.
Advanced are a different sort of employer. Recruiting people with potential, our focus is on what you might be capable of achieving. We look for aspiration and passionately believe that your individual personality and core strengths are what can make you right for us. We want you to learn, to discover, to experiment, to make a difference.
With a £250m turnover, 16,000 customers and 2,200 employees we pride ourselves on delivering focused software solutions for the public sector, enterprise commercial and health & care organisations that simplify complex business challenges and deliver immediate value.
Some of our Key Benefits from day one are:
- Generous Annual Leave - 25 days annual leave plus localised public holidays, with the ability to buy additional days
- Stunning office locations across 5 key hubs
- Advanced Perks At Work - Exclusive employee discount programme providing access to enhanced offers at high street retailers (including John Lewis, Tesco, Apple and Asos), discounted rates for cinema and theatre tickets, accommodation and travel bookings
- Charity Fundraising - Proud to be a Patron of The Prince's Trust
- Dedicated talent development team to help your Advanced career progress
- Top Achievers Club – our internal award scheme recognising excellence in our Advanced colleagues
- Childcare voucher (salary sacrifice)
- Cycle to work scheme (salary sacrifice)
- Employee assistance programme
Why should you apply? Advanced are different – we hire for potential and develop at pace so if you can reimagine your future in a vibrant growing company we would like to hear from you. We are an equal opportunity employer, committed to removing bias from the hiring process.
If your application is successful, you will initially be required to take an online assessment, undertake an interview with the HR team and attend a final interview. Do not hesitate, apply now and a member of our in-house talent acquisition team will be in touch!