Contracts Support Assistant
Omnitracs | Legal | Dallas, TX
Omnitracs, LLC is a global pioneer of trucking solutions for all business models. Omnitracs’ more than 1,000 employees deliver software-as-a-service-based solutions to help more than 12,000 customers manage nearly 1,100,000 assets in more than 70 countries. The company pioneered the use of commercial vehicle telematics over 25 years ago and serves today as a powerhouse of innovative, intuitive technologies. Omnitracs transforms the transportation industry through technology and insight, featuring best-in-class solutions for compliance, safety and security, productivity, telematics and tracking, transportation management (TMS), planning and delivery, data and analytics, and professional services.
The Contracts Support Assistant performs administrative functions in support of the Contracts Administrators and Legal team. Tracks existing, new, and renewal contracts; generates reports; maintains Contract files; schedules and coordinates meetings, conference calls; performs data entry in specific processes within various internal systems; enters contract information into the contracts management database; performs limited drafting tasks such as correspondence/notices, termination letters and other documents; handles internal distribution of contract documents; takes on special projects as necessary.
ESSENTIAL RESPONSIBILITIES AND DUTIES:
- Performs administrative support and basic office functions on telephone and computer workstation
- Schedules and coordinates meetings and conference calls with Contracts Administrators and other Legal Department members
- Tracks existing, new and renewal contracts using Excel and other relevant Microsoft Office programs
- Generates reports
- Maintains electronic Contract files
- Performs data entry in various internal programs and systems
- Creates correspondence such as notices, termination letters and other documents related to the Contracts department processes
- Handles internal distribution of contract documents
- Special projects as necessary
- EDUCATION: College degree or extensive course work
- EXPERIENCE: Competent and functional participation within interdepartmental processes in a high-volume organization; experience in in-house legal department or law firm preferred
- Knowledge of basic contract structure and principles
- Solid working knowledge of Microsoft Office programs
- Strong organizational and multitasking skills
- Proficiency in data entry and typing
- Ability to compose professional correspondence relating to commercial contracts
- Ability to schedule meetings and conference calls
Disclaimer: This Job Description indicates the general nature and level of work expected of the incumbent(s). It is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities required of the incumbent. Incumbent(s) may be asked to perform other duties in addition to those described above.
Omnitracs LLC, is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of any status or condition protected by applicable federal, state, or local municipal law.