Account Manager, Advancement
EAB | Enrollment Services | Richmond, VA
EAB is an education best practices firm that uses a combination of research, technology, and services to improve the performance of 1,200+ educational institutions. Headquartered in Washington, D.C., EAB forges and finds the best new ideas and proven practices from its network of thousands of leaders, then customizes and hardwires them into every level of member organizations, creating enduring value.
At EAB, we serve not only our members but each other—that's why we are always working to make sure our employees love their jobs and are invested in their community. See how we've been recognized for this dedication to our employees by checking out our recent awards.
The Role in Brief:
Account Manager, Advancement Marketing Services
The Account Manager serves as the day-to-day contact with college and university advancement or development professionals and is responsible for managing the execution of direct marketing campaigns designed to meet the institution’s fundraising objectives. The Account Manager works in cooperation with the Account Team, ensuring timely and accurate deployment of all marketing campaigns (paper and online).
This position is located in Richmond, Virginia.
- Serve as the daily contact with clients for project-specific issues and fulfills all client deliverables.
- Assist Senior Strategic Leader in developing strategic recommendations and annual budget for client approval.
- Partner with Senior Strategic Leader to expand client relationships strategically.
- Able to lead clients effectively in order to create successful campaign.
- Has the ability to communicate the value of our services effectively and create opportunities for account growth.
- Keep up to date on all aspects of the client's projects including individuals involved internally with the development direct marketing campaign.
- Maintain a proactive plan to meet the deadlines.
- Have a thorough knowledge and understanding of annual giving fundraising strategies, segmentation and copy approaches.
- Have an understanding of how data is used to develop and execute highly personalized direct marketing campaigns to drive more engagement and desire to support the institution with a financial gift.
- Know, understand, and keep up to date on project results through weekly reporting and analysis.
- Liaise with the Strategic Leader and Account Team to ensure client goals are met.
- Respond promptly to client needs.
- Prepare the agenda for all client calls and meetings.
- Oversee preparing of client information used for meetings and calls.
- Participate in client conference calls and on-site meetings at EAB, and travel with the Strategic Leader, as necessary, to off-site meetings.
- Prepare and distribute conference notes within designated timeframe.
- Liaise with the Client Data Analyst about any data-related issues, including file layouts, data segmentation, campaign matrix, suppression files and other related data matters, to ensure that everything is being processed in a timely manner.
- Prepare client program matrices used to set up the production process in order to deploy direct marketing campaigns.
- Review and approve all data processing reports to ensure data integrity.
- Review all copy and art (print and online) developed by the creative team.
- Ensure timely billing procedures by working with accounting department.
- Update internal tracking system on status of applicable tasks.
- Maintain account file and sample books for paper and online.
- Help to prepare account review at the conclusion of each program.
- Bachelor's degree
- 2+ years’ experience managing client relationships or fundraising as a primary responsibility; direct response marketing, higher education and account management experience, strongly preferred
- Proven customer service and communication skills
- Ability to stay organized and multi-task in a fast-paced environment with accelerating priorities
- Experience with Microsoft Office (Outlook, Word, Excel)
- 2+ years’ experience in direct response marketing (especially in annual giving), higher education and account management experience, strongly preferred
- Ability to listen, understand concerns, overcome resistances and follow through on resolutions
Consistent with our belief that our employees are our most valuable resource, EAB offers a competitive benefits package:
- Medical, dental, and vision insurance, dependents eligible
- 401(k) retirement plan with company match
- Generous PTO
- Daytime leave policy for community service or fitness activities (up to 10 hours a month each)
- Wellness programs including gym discounts and incentives to promote healthy living
- Dynamic growth opportunities with merit-based promotion philosophy
- Benefits kick in day one, see the full details here.