Solutions Consultant (Pricing and Promo Intel - Durable Goods/CPG)
Numerator | Sales | a, AL
Solution Consultants (pre-sales) are responsible for articulating and demonstrating how Numerator solutions provide visibility, insights, efficiencies, and financial value for the CPG, retailer, and advertising industries. This includes the ability to discuss, collect, and understand business requirements, determine the optimal solution(s) and approach to meet and exceed these requirements, propose alternative solutions when requirements cannot be fully met, handle objections, demonstrate relevant real-world use cases and advanced product concepts within the solution itself, and estimate and articulate the expected business value resulting from partnering with Numerator. The Solution Consultant will possess a wealth of knowledge and industry experience upon which to rely not only to solve these complex business issues but also to build credibility with the prospective customer. Ultimately, Solution Consultants work the Sales Directors to drive successful conversion of prospects to customers while engaging with existing customers to expand their relationships and maintain a current perspective of industry issues, trends, and solutions.
- Present and demonstrate the Numerator solution portfolio as the best solution to meet customer needs to audiences at various levels including C-level executives.
- Understand prospective customer business processes, solution needs, and how Numerator solutions are the best solution to drive value in these areas.
- Build and present the business case for partnering with Numerator by identifying and estimating the value of relevant use cases and efficiency gains.
- Establish and maintain strong relationships throughout the sales cycle.
- Respond to Requests for Proposals.
- Share product and industry insights with Product Management.
- Advocate for and present Numerator solutions in marketing webinars, customer conferences, and industry events.
- Bachelor’s Degree (Master’s preferred) with 3+ years of relevant experience in the industry.
- Deep understanding of at least one of the following markets: durable goods, retail, CPG (consumer packaged goods), and advertising industries.
- Deep understanding of eCommerce, Brand Protection, and Digital aspects of marketing intelligence.
- CPG and/or Durable Goods expert on Pricing Intelligence (specifically MAP - Minimum Advertised Pricing data/solutions) and / or Promotions Intelligence data/solutions)
- Proficiency in Excel or other data analysis applications is required.
- Experience with the sales process and RFP process.
- Proficiency in PowerPoint or other presentation applications is required.
- Solid understanding of merchandising practices including product mix and assortment, pricing, and promotions.
- Track record of delivering high-quality results in a timely manner while under high pressure.
- Strong organizational skills
- Ability to travel domestically (United States) up to 50% of the time.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.