Manager Professional Services Sr
CentralSquare Technologies | Professional Services | REMOTE - US, FL
Manager, Professional Services
Responsible for the successful implementation of complex enterprise software. This includes supervision of technical and training resources, development of technical service delivery processes, evaluation of implementation solutions, and collaboration with development team to ensure services readiness for new releases. This leader is also responsible for conceiving of and implementing innovations that help us deliver more efficiently and effectively to our customers as well as supporting scoping to ensure that our proposals match our customer’s needs.
The individual is responsible for providing direction and guidance to direct reports and other staff in the development of comprehensive and detailed statements of work and project plans to ensure a successful implementation effort. This includes planning, organizing and continuing to grow a business unit which generates significant annual revenue. Direct the tasks and responsibilities of direct and indirect reports. Individual must regularly and effectively deal with customers on various professional services questions, issues and concerns. Individual must regularly and effectively work with other PS departments.
- Oversees each project by ensuring adequate resource availability; ensures project managers can coordinates implementation/installation plans and schedules; monitors and reports this progress to Professional Services management; institutes and maintains effective communication with those involved; responsible for issue resolution and follow up of implementation/installation to ensure completion.
- Directly supervise a team of 10-15 Professional Services Consultants; responsibilities include interviewing, hiring, and training employees; planning, assigning, and directing work; appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing complaints and resolving problems.
- Maintains a proactive management philosophy which includes planning, proper communication of status, issues and events; strives to anticipate problem resolution with a proactive approach.
- Responsible for assisting with delivery of new enhancement training to internal personnel and external customers.
- Responsible for assisting with delivery of resources who present various sessions at national and regional customer user group meetings.
- Maintain a certain percentage of employee utilization while continuing to keep team up to date on software enhancements and assist other departments as necessary.
- Responsible for implementing an application certification program for billable staff on the team, and incorporate the program into employee career progression.
- Evaluates customer’s needs, objectives and infrastructure and steers the implementation process to satisfy those requirements; monitors effectiveness in satisfying customer needs.
- Responsible for coordinating resources for documentation and training guide periodic review.
- Coordinates and conducts regular team meetings to communicate pertinent Company and team information; ensures that good lines of communication and good working relationships are maintained with all personnel involved in the implementation process, both internal and external; maintains open lines of communication with customers, employees and third parties assigned by monitoring/reporting project status, problems, time schedules, and accomplishments on an ongoing basis; verifies notification to proper parties involved in implementation effort; finalizes implementation schedules with employees and customers.
- Ensures that all customer issues are reported and efficiently controlled from recognition to resolution to ensure that customer expectations are met in a timely fashion; acts as a liaison between the customer and Company resources for all application, technical or network problems that may occur during the implementation process (through formal handoff to support and account management).
- Ensures that team visits customer sites as required; treats customers in a professional manner; and follows up rapidly on all requests for information, support and services.
- Works closely with the Professional Services Management Team and the customer to resolve any outstanding product, schedule or personnel issues.
- Assists in the analysis of Professional Services consulting projects to determine the degree of difficulty involved and the number of days necessary to complete the project.
- Participates in sales presentations for new prospects on an as-needed basis; assists the Sales & Marketing Departments in completing RFP’s on an as-needed basis.
- Ensures Team remains current on areas of specialization with regard to product changes and enhancements; develops expert, specialized application/Team knowledge by using available documentation and attending training classes.
- Maintains communication with peers, superiors and other departments; provides support to other departments on an as-needed basis.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Business Information Systems, Business Administration, Finance or similar area
- A minimum of 10 years of management experience in the software industry dealing directly with project management disciplines in accordance with PMP or PMI standards.
- Proven experience in managing customer escalations through to resolution
- Proven experience in delivering implementations in the Cloud
- Proven experience in developing package services in the Cloud
- Proven experience managing projects with a revenue value of over 1MM
- Proven experience managing in a Professional Services organization with a P&L of > 50MM
- Proven experience coordinating complex, customer-related and service activities as well as an ability to oversee remote resources is required.
- Strong financial acumen, able to manage budgets, plan capacity, and forecast revenue
- Skilled communicator who can deal with all levels of technical, user and management resources from an end user to the President.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Must be able to travel at least 25% of the time.