Xactly Corporation | Engineering | Bengaluru,
Job Title: Database Admoinistrator
Function: Data Center Operations
Position Type: Full-Time
Position Level: Mid-Level
Xactly Corporation was founded to solve an important challenge: how to help people everywhere connect and unleash their human potential through seamless, perfectly aligned Sales Performance Management. Xactly’s comprehensive Sales Performance Management (SPM) suite leverages data from a sales performance AI platform to provide timely insights across the entire SPM value chain, from sales planning to execution, including compensation to optimization. Xactly takes Sales Performance Management from a dark art to a science, providing decision-makers with the data insights they need to tap the motivational power of their incentive compensation. With access to predictive analytics and benchmark data, enterprises can now optimize territories, design the right compensation and incentive plans and accelerate attainment and optimization of sales performance.
As DBA at Xactly, you will be supporting entire engineering (development and QA) teams in terms of database maintenance, you should have strong exposure to release management, tracking deployments, participating in release migration process. You will be helping engineering teams majorly in performance tuning, reviewing the modified DB objects (pl/sql -code), participating in the database upgrade, patching, tuning etc ..
The team consists of diverse group of people located at various geographic location. It is truly a global team that is very enthusiastic about handling operations at Xactly.
THE SKILL SET
- 3-5 Years of experience as database administrator
- End-end Oracle DB administration (Backup, restore, refresh, patching, upgrade etc)
- Expertise in RMAN and another backup (Expdp/Impdp) methodology implementations.
- Experience in managing Standby, Dataguard
- Experience in shell/perl/python
- Ability to analyse performance issues : Generating AWR,ADDM,Tuning sql's,fixing profiles
- Good knowledge or experience on Postgresql & Couchbase is a plus
- Good knowledge on Oracle 12c and higher versions is a plus
- Good working experience on Linux (OEL/RHEL/CENTOS) : Basic troubleshooting skills are expected
WITHIN ONE MONTH, YOU’LL:
- Attend New Hire Training
- Learn the Dev, QE and DBA processes
- Gain exposure to Xactly’s product suite
- Learn about Xactly’s tools and technologies for database administration
- Get to know your team
WITHIN THREE MONTHS, YOU’LL:
- Monitor DB processes
- Able to contribute to all the DB design discussions
- DB Code reviews
WITHIN SIX MONTHS, YOU’LL:
- Ensure the best dev practices are being used w.r.t. DB code
- Participate and contribute in maintenance and new product development and Should be able to work individually on any tasks
WITHIN TWELVE MONTHS, YOU’LL:
- Be an expert DBA
- Partner and work cross functionally with other dev teams and the QE team
- Take full ownership of features and processes of the databases
- Continuously think about and work on process improvements for an always high-quality product
Is this role not an exact fit for you? Keep an eye on our Careers Page for other positions!
BENEFITS & PERKS
- Paid Time Off (PTO)
- Comprehensive Insurance Coverage
- Tuition Reimbursement
- XactlyFit Gym/Fitness Program Reimbursement
- Kitchen Stocked Daily with Tasty Snacks, Fruit, and Drinks
- Parking & Commuter Benefits
THE XACTLY STORY
Xactly is a leading provider of enterprise-class, cloud-based, incentive compensation solutions for employee and sales performance management. We achieve this by following our vision: Unleashing human potential to maximize company performance. We address a critical business need: to incentivize employees and align their behaviors with company goals. Our solutions allow organizations to make better strategic decisions, optimize behaviors, increase sales and employee performance, improve margins, increase operational efficiencies, mitigate risk, design better incentive compensation plans, and reduce error rates in incentive compensation calculations. Our core values of Customer Focus | Accountability | Respect | Excellence are key to our success, and each day we’re committed to upholding them by delivering the best we can to our customers.
We were the first 100% cloud-based, multi-tenant provider focusing solely on the incentive compensation and employee and sales performance management market, and we achieved our leadership position through domain expertise and innovative technology. We deliver our solutions through a Software-as-a-Service (SaaS) business model.
Xactly is proud to be an Equal Opportunity workplace dedicated to pursuing and hiring a diverse workforce. Xactly provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, disability, veteran status, pregnancy, sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by law.
We do not accept resumes from agencies, headhunters, or other suppliers who have not signed a formal agreement with us.