Director, Product Marketing- Unified Talent HR Human Resources Software
PowerSchool | Marketing
The Director, Solution Marketing, is responsible for leading go-to-market strategy for a specific product solution and work collaboratively with our Product and Sales teams to ensure achievement of bookings and revenue goals. Reporting to the Vice President, Solution Marketing, you will understand the K-12 ed-tech market, anticipate market trends and be the expert on the product solution you drive. You will articulate a clear, consistent, and creative value proposition for our target market, including being the external evangelist in the marketplace.
The Director will be required to develop compelling go-to-market initiatives and sales enablement programs, while strengthening our product positioning and messaging. You will also have a proven track record of delivering successful results in the same or similar position at another ed-tech or B2B software company.
Duties and Responsibilities
Essential duties and responsibilities include the following. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Team: Develop, coach and counsel a strong solution marketing support team. Drive team accountability and develop measurable performance metrics.
- Know the Market: Must be able to anticipate market trends, customer needs and the required strategy to maintain our market leading position. Develop competitive intelligence, threat assessment, actionable insight and associated tactical recommendations.
- Go-To-Market strategy: Lead global Go-To-Market strategy for one of our major product solutions leveraging segmentation and a multi-channel strategy. Own the overall bookings number for the solution you manage. Partner with Product, Sales and Marketing to align efforts and effectively position and message your solution in the market. Work collaboratively with our product and sales leaders to deliver optimal results tied to our company goals.
- Package our Solutions: You will work directly with the VP on how our product assets are packaged, launched and promoted as solutions that resonate with target buyer personas.
- Develop Messaging: Created differentiated market-leading product messaging that resonates with the market and our target buyer personas including creating and maintaining copy manifestos for each product in your solution set.
- Enable the Sales Team: Develop sales enablement content (playbooks, scripts, product presentations, flyers, etc.) for your solution set and provide guidance to the sales enablement team to ensure our sales teams have what they need in order to execute sales plays in the market.
- Evangelize: maintain a visible presence in the market for our solutions that positively influences our Sales, Partner, Customer and Analyst communities.
- Experience driving product marketing or product management efforts, including go-to-market ownership for a major product line
- Minimum of 5-7 years of experience in product-focused marketing
- Experienced in building/leading solution or product marketing team
- Proven ability to own P&L for a solution set and the associated market strategies to achieve revenue goals
- Strong written, verbal, editing, and presentation skills
- Ability to collaborate with a deep sense of ownership and accountability
- Proven ability to develop strong partnerships and inspires team members
- Sense of urgency and passion for winning
- BA/BS degree in Marketing or Technology related field
- Industry experience or knowledge of ed-tech, public sector or government markets preferred