TIBCO | 81000 Finance & Acctg | Palo Alto, CA
The External Reporting Senior Accountant will provide support to the financial reporting and accounting teams through completing a variety of accounting tasks including: financial reporting, technical accounting, general ledger and month end close activities, various regulatory reports and other special projects as assigned.The External Reporting Senior Accountant must have strong knowledge of U.S. GAAP and a solid foundation in external reporting, internal controls and compliance. The individual must have the ability and demonstrated track record in researching, documenting and presenting the impact of technical accounting pronouncements. The successful candidate will be a dynamic results-driven professional, who thrives in a team environment, and is striving to advance their career development.
- Key contributor to the external financial reporting process - preparing and reviewing financial statements and footnote disclosures, MD&A, and the disclosure checklist
- Prepare key schedules for financial reporting, both internal and external
- Write and maintain accounting policies and procedures Research and address technical accounting topics, including preparation of formal memoranda to support research and conclusions
- Supports month-end and year-end close processes.
- Analyzes financial information and summarizes results.
- Works with internal and external auditors as needed.
- Completes special projects as assigned.
- Maintain and ensure compliance with internal controls
- Performs other duties as assigned.