KIBO | Product Development | Austin, TX
At Kibo, we provide cloud commerce solutions inspired by our clients' needs and designed to empower their teams. Together, we can help them see further, think bigger, and climb higher.
Our software and services include eCommerce, Order Management, Personalization, and Mobile Point-of-Commerce. We serve retailers, manufacturers, and brands, and our solutions are designed to power the shopping experience – from first click to doorstep – and to scale with them as their business grows.
Kibo is looking for a DBA Manager to help lead and manage our team of Database Administrators. This will be a player-coach role where the DBA Manager will be hands on with the day to day operations, as well as managing a team of DBA’s. If you’re an experienced manager, team lead, or a strong individual DBA looking to take the next step this could be a good fit for you.
ESSENTIAL RESPONSIBILITIES AND DUTIES:
- Lead and manage a team of 4+ Database Administrators
- Maintaining, monitoring, and managing the databases in all client environments
- Troubleshooting performance and availability issues related to the database
- Continuously monitor databases, enhance database performance, and ensure that the databases are running at the optimum speed
- Proactively and reactively resolve database performance and capacity issues, including managing indexes, trace data, audits, and alerting
- Work within an agile scrum team, contributing to an atmosphere of continuous improvement
- Perform Data Modeling, Database Architecture, Datawarehouse Design and ETL development
- Assist with troubleshooting database performance issues
- Creates and Maintains Tables, Views, Triggers, Functions and Stored Procedures
- Collaborate and communicate effectively with team members and others
- 5+ years of DBA experience in a production environment with MySQL
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, or a closely related field; Preferred but not required
- Strong team lead or team mentorship experience is strongly preferred
- Excellent written, oral, presentation, and interpersonal communication skills.
- Experience with AWS/Cloud Hosting Technology
- Experience in a Software as a Service 7x24x365 environment including on-call rotation.
- Production and maintenance of high-quality operational documentation.
- 2+ years of direct management experience in a Database or DevOps related role
- Experience with PostgresSQL
- Experience with AWS RDS