Director of Customer Success - Public Safety & Justice
CentralSquare Technologies | Customer Experience | Sioux Falls, SD
At CentralSquare Technologies we believe the impact of our product on our customer’s business is one of the most critical measures of our success. To that end, it is of utmost importance that we ensure our customers are engaged and we are doing the right things to make sure they are getting value from our solutions and getting the outcomes they desire. The Director of Customer Success for Public Safety is responsible for ensuring customer adoption, satisfaction and general health of the CentralSquare Technologies Public Safety customer base of more than 4500 local government agencies. We are looking for someone who is naturally inquisitive, with the confidence to drive a team and also work across departments to challenge the status quo. We are driving to build a team of people who are passionate about our customers and helping them provide amazing public experiences for the citizens they serve.
- Responsible for the results of the Public Safety Customer Success team.Specifically, to customer retention, software adoption and referenceability.
- Develop, monitor, analyze and report on key Public Safety Customer Success KPIs on a regular weekly report cadence and in company Monthly Business Unit Council meetings.
- Contribute to developing strategies cross functionally based on data and trends within the Public Safety Customer Success practice.
- Partner with Sales and Sales leadership on a strategy for building a solid database of references to help drive new business and migrations.
- Serve as the highest level of escalation for the Public Safety Customer Success team.
- Responsible for overseeing the management of the Heal Desk process for Public Safety.Including identifying and tracking at-risk customers in coordination with functional area leaders and developing strategic plans to correct and retain.
- Participate and contribute to Customer Journey Management process.
- Coordinate cross-functionally to resolve customer friction points in the customer journey and to resolve escalated customer issues.
- Identify areas of improvement and project plan actions to continuously improve Customer Success processes.
- Identify and respond to the Voice of the Customer information at both a macro and micro-level as it relates to customers that are under Public Safety Customer Success Management.
- Drive data driven decision making and visibility among the department and cross-functionally.
- Manage the closed loop process for customer feedback.
- Responsible for the day-to-day operational management of Public Safety Customer Success.
- Responsible for the hiring, development and performance assessments of the departmental management team and their direct reports.
- Connect business goals to the individual performance and measurable results of the Public Safety Customer Success team.
- Accountable for the budget for the Public Safety Customer Success team.
- Stay up to date on trends and current events within the Customer Success industry.
- Bachelor's degree from four-year College or university; or one to two years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Minimum of 10 years Management Consulting, Customer Success, Account Management or another client-facing role
- Public Safety market knowledge or experienced preferred
- Ability to manage influence through persuasion, negotiation, and consensus building
- Strong empathy for customers AND passion for revenue and growth
- Deep understanding of value drivers in recurring revenue business models
- Analytical and process-oriented mindset
- Demonstrated desire for continuous learning and improvement
- Experience leading large customer success organizations
- Experience using customer success automation tools, preferably Gainsight
- Creative, problem solver with strong composure to manage difficult situations
- Passion for technology and for being a part of a fast-growing company
- Must be able to Travel up to 50% based upon customer needs, seminar schedules, industry events/trade shows or other necessary customer facing engagements.