Head of Data Analytics
Advanced | Services - Technical | ., England
Manage the Data Analytics Team, focusing on delivery, revenue growth and new services opportunities in the Professional Services space. Lead and mentor direct reports and keep the wider team up-to-date with the latest technological developments and best practices, tools and techniques in the areas of data analytics and machine learning.
- Provide leadership and guidance both at the commercial and project delivery level.
- Estimation and sizing of project requirements, collection and identification of technical specifications and the subsequent design of technology solutions.
- Apply architectural and engineering concepts to design a solution that meets operational requirements, such as scalability, maintainability, security, reliability, extensibility, flexibility, availability and manageability.
- Provide strategic guidance and serve as point of contact for domain specific questions and solutions.
- Coach and mentor team members.
- Committed to ensuring adherence to best practices and standards.
- Assist Sales in creating the vision for future state technologies and services and participate in setting standards and mid/long-term strategy/roadmaps.
- Logical & physical data modelling for Business Intelligence, Machine Learning and Big Data solutions.
- Master Degree in Computing or related subject or relevant commercial experience. MBA desirable
- IT/Cloud computing certifications (advantageous)
Essential experience (min. 5 years):
- Experience with BI tools such as SSRS, Power BI, Business Objects, QlikView, Tableau, Cognos, etc
- Experience and demonstrable skills with Microsoft SQL queries (T-SQL queries/functions/stored procedures) and SSIS
- Understanding of and experience with data manipulation and analysis concepts (analysis cubes, aggregation, data warehousing, ETL, semantic layers etc)
- .NET development (C#)
- Power BI and DAX
- Azure Analysis Services / Azure Data Warehouse
- Machine Learning
- Microsoft SharePoint / Office 365
- Microsoft Dynamics CRM
- Azure Data Factory
- Python, R, MDX
- ‘Can-do’ pro-active attitude
- Strong communication skills, written and spoken
- Well presented and good interpersonal skills
- Attention to detail – focus on quality
- Able to analyse business requirements effectively
- Ability to communicate effectively with prospects and customers, assess their requirements and document solutions
- Ability to accurately estimate the defined solution in terms of effort required to deliver it
- Creativity and Innovation in designing solutions
- Teamwork – able to work effectively as part of a team or independently
- Coaching – self-development. Willing and able to learn new skills
- Drive for Achievement – keen to progress
- Initiative - project ownership
- Customer Service Orientation