Junior Asset & Configuration Coordinator
Advanced | Operations (Managed Services) | London, England
- £20k salary
- Based in City Road, London
IT Services is the infrastructure, IT outsourcing and hosting division of Advanced. This is delivered to a number of organisations across the UK providing solutions to business requirements in a changing technological landscape. With our customers relying on our knowledge & expertise within IT Services, our staff help to make the complex simple, as we become one of the UK technology industry’s success stories. We’re growing fast and building an exciting future.
Team & Role Description
The Asset & Configuration Coordinator is responsible for ensuring IT hardware and software assets and their configurations are known, recorded and accessible. They are responsible for maintaining the relationships between the configuration items that make up the service, systems and applications used by the business.
- Maintain the asset management records, Configuration Item (CI) data and their relationships within the IT Service Management (ITSM) system to enable accurate information for risk assessment and incident resolution;
- Work with the Asset Manager to promote the value of Asset Configuration management policies, processes and procedures within the organisation to ensure compliance and reduce risk;
- Ratify and normalise received data ready to be loaded into the Configuration Management Database (CMDB) sitting under the ITSM. This includes obtaining lifecycle information from third parties;
- Participate in regular audits of the CMDB and configuration item data and develop reports to assist the Asset Manager in implementing processes to remediate non-compliance and ensure the database reflects the production environment;
- Use the output of asset discovery tools to ensure the CMDB is correctly populated;
- Run monthly and ad-hoc asset reports upon request;
- Work with internal systems to ensure internal end-user assets are managed effectively.
To be successful as a Associate & Configuration Coordinator, you will be:
- Well organised and proactive individual who is calm under pressure and can communicate well at all levels (written and verbal)
- Conscientious individual with exceptional attention to detail;
- Confident and articulate;
- Ability to build strong relationships internally and externally and work to demanding deadlines and targets
- Ability to problem solve
- Excellent knowledge of the Microsoft Office Suite, especially Microsoft Excel.
Reimagine your Future by Joining the Advanced Team
We hire for potential, and develop at pace.
Advanced are a different sort of recruiter. Employing people with potential, our focus is on what you might be capable of achieving. We look for aspiration and passionately believe that your individual personality and core strengths are what can make you right for us. We want you to learn, to discover, to experiment, to make a difference.
With over a £250m turnover, 19,000 customers and over 2,300 employees we pride ourselves on delivering focused software solutions for the public sector, enterprise commercial and health & care organisations that simplify complex business challenges and deliver immediate value.
Some of our Key Benefits from day one are:
- Generous Annual Leave - 25 days annual leave plus localised public holidays, with the ability to buy additional days
- Advanced Perks At Work - Exclusive employee discount programme providing access to enhanced offers at high street retailers (including John Lewis, Tesco, Apple and Asos), discounted rates for cinema and theatre tickets, accommodation and travel bookings
- Charity Fundraising - Proud to be a Patron of The Prince's Trust
- Dedicated talent development team to help your Advanced career progress
- Top Achievers Club – our internal award scheme recognising excellence in our Advanced colleagues
- Pension Scheme (up to %5 contribution)
- Life insurance x 4 times salary
- Income protection insurance
- Childcare voucher (salary sacrifice)
- Cycle to work scheme (salary sacrifice)
- Employee assistance programme
We are an equal opportunity employer, committed to removing bias from the hiring process. Advanced are different – we hire for potential and develop at pace so if you can reimagine your future in a vibrant growing company we’d like to hear from you.
If your application is successful you will initially be required to take an online assessment, undertake a telephone interview with the HR team and attend a final interview. Click apply now, and a member of our in-house talent acquisition team will be in touch.