EAB | Commercial | Washington, DC
At EAB, our mission is to make education smarter and our communities stronger. We harness the collective power of more than 1,500 schools, colleges, and universities to uncover and apply proven practices and transformative insights. And since complex problems require multifaceted solutions, we work with each school differently to apply these insights through a customized blend of research, technology, and services. From kindergarten to college and beyond, EAB partners with education leaders, practitioners, and staff to accelerate progress and drive results across three key areas: enrollment management, student success, and institutional operations and strategy.
At EAB, we serve not only our members but each other—that's why we are always working to make sure our employees love their jobs and are invested in their community. See how we've been recognized for this dedication to our employees by checking out our recent awards.
The Role in Brief:
The Executive Assistant will serve an important role both internally and externally as a liaison, information resource, and key point of contact within the organization. The successful candidate will oversee a broad range of administrative and executive support activities to ensure the Chief Talent Officer is served well and productive. Excellent organizational skills, strong communication (both verbal and written), and a great sense of flexibility are required.
The current opportunity is based in Washington, DC.
- Manage and maintain daily schedule and travel itineraries
- Track against executives weekly, monthly, and quarterly goals and conduct follow up as needed
- Coordinate internal and external communications and meetings
- Draft, manage, and proofread documents/correspondence/presentations
- Design and maintain a comprehensive filing system (paper and electronic)
- Create process for inbox organization and management
- Track and submit expense reports on a regular basis
- Prepare agendas, compile research and data, and help with collateral creation for meetings
- Assist in arranging special events, functions, meetings, and lunches including the coordination of all logistics
- Serve as point person for Executive with other senior leadership across the firm
- Work closely with other Executive Assistants and coordinators to manage projects, calendars, and events when appropriate
- Gather context and prioritize among multiple requests to suggest best use executive's time
- Provide proactive support of meeting set up: arrive at each meeting in advance and ensure all teleconferencing connections are established, materials up on screen and distributed as needed
- Participate in key meetings to take notes, assign next steps, and distribute in an executive approved email communication as needed
- Support executive's day to day needs to facilitate time management such as picking up/ordering meals and other one-off requests
- Support of department wide special events and in-day logistics
- Support of other department leaders as needed with meeting scheduling and events set up
- Work collaboratively with executive assistant to CEO and executive assistant to CFO to ensure coverage of executive suite
- Bachelor’s Degree
- Excellent academic record
- Minimum 1-year work experience (preferably in executive/administrative support)
- Attention to detail and prioritization
- Excellent organizational and communication skills
- Experience creating deliverables for internal and external audiences (using PowerPoint, Excel, etc.)
- Excellent PowerPoint presentation skills, both editing messages to this medium and crafting decks from scratch
- Proactive thinking and problem solving
- Experience developing personal organization tactics to meet business goals
- Proven experience managing multiple, competing priorities
- Ability to provide objective upward feedback to managers
- Discretion with sensitive and confidential information and materials
- Ability to work and make decisions independently and autonomously
- Comfort communicating with senior executive
- Adaptability and flexibility
Consistent with our belief that our employees are our most valuable resource, EAB offers a competitive benefits package.
- Medical, dental, and vision insurance, dependents eligible
- 401(k) retirement plan with company match
- Generous PTO
- Daytime leave policy for community service or fitness activities (up to 10 hours a month each)
- Wellness programs including gym discounts and incentives to promote healthy living
- Dynamic growth opportunities with merit-based promotion philosophy
- Benefits kick in day one, see the full details here.
At EAB, we believe that to fulfill our mission to “make education smarter and our communities stronger” we need team members who bring a diversity of perspectives to the table and a workplace where each team member is valued, respected and heard.
To that end, EAB is an Equal Opportunity Employer, and we make employment decisions on the basis of qualifications, merit and business need. We don’t discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, non-disqualifying physical or mental disability, national origin, veteran status or any other basis covered by appropriate law.