Front End Engineer
EAB | Technology | Washington, DC
EAB is an education best practices firm that uses a combination of research, technology, and services to improve the performance of 1,400+ educational institutions. Headquartered in Washington, D.C., EAB forges and finds the best new ideas and proven practices from its network of thousands of leaders, then customizes and hardwires them into every level of member organizations, creating enduring value.
At EAB, we serve not only our members but each other—that's why we are always working to make sure our employees love their jobs and are invested in their community. See how we've been recognized for this dedication to our employees by checking out our recent awards.
The Role in Brief
Front End Engineer
Seeking a Font-end Engineer to solve deep problems with a platform-wide User Interface platform for rapid application development. The role involves supporting the development of a new programming language and the components it uses to construct interfaces.
This role is based in Washington, D.C.
- Aide in the development of solutions that support consistent information architecture, taxonomies, visual standards, interaction patterns, and use cases across multiple applications
- Self-start and steward your implementations through the software development process ensuring you champion the standards of the UX team in every development challenge
- Follow common sustainable page design, management, and development methodologies
- Perform testing at the page & source for presentation layer defects
- Writing HTML5 Web Components
- Writing in Typescript to solve deep software language and classical computer science problems
- Developing accessible solutions across the platform
- Passion for making dynamic, performant, enterprise web applications
- 2 years of front-end engineer experience
- Technical college degree
- Understanding of SDLC and the technical and business challenges that come with development of a product
- This position will be a busy one. Self-drive and a desire to work hard, cranking through a backlog and keeping up with multiple fast-paced teams is required.
- Thorough, methodical, problem solver and creative with extreme attention to detail
- Extremely strong verbal and written communication skills. This role must easily be able to have clear communication over email, IM, phone, and in person.
- Excellent customer service and interpersonal skills
- Expert at time management as well as working & finding answers to questions independently
- Experience with one or more of the following technologies: Typescript, Polymer, VueJS
- Experience with traditional software patterns and application architecture
- Experience with a broad range of HTML5 API’s
- Experience as a Developer and/or Accessibility Consultant preferred
- Experience with the object-oriented, functional, logic and imperative programming
- Degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, User Experience, or a related field.
Consistent with our belief that our employees are our most valuable resource, EAB offers a competitive benefits package.
- Medical, dental, and vision insurance, dependents eligible
- 401(k) retirement plan with company match
- Generous PTO
- Daytime leave policy for community service or fitness activities (up to 10 hours a month each)
- Wellness programs including gym discounts and incentives to promote healthy living
- Dynamic growth opportunities with merit-based promotion philosophy
- Benefits kick in day one, see the full details here.
At EAB, we believe that to fulfill our mission to “make education smarter and our communities stronger” we need team members who bring a diversity of perspectives to the table and a workplace where each team member is valued, respected and heard.
To that end, EAB is an Equal Opportunity Employer, and we make employment decisions on the basis of qualifications, merit and business need. We don’t discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, non-disqualifying physical or mental disability, national origin, veteran status or any other basis covered by appropriate law.