Site Reliability Engineer
Trintech | Cloud | Baltimore, MD
The Site Reliability Engineer 3 is a senior technical resource with experience across both software development (50%) and infrastructure engineering (50%) domains. The role supports 24x7 delivery of Hosted and SaaS applications to global Fortune 500 clients at cloud scale. It requires 5-7 years of career experience supporting cloud applications throughout the full Systems Development Life Cycle (SDLC).
The successful candidate will be able to ensure agreement and transparency between business expectations and team commitments. This requires interfacing with both internal and external customers to understand and document requirements and design and deliver solutions. This is a client-facing role that requires a commitment to customer service and process excellence. Prior experience in organizations leveraging both agile software development and ITIL service management methodologies is required.
Trintech is the leading global provider of financial software solutions for the Record-to-Report process. Supporting 1,700 clients from 8 data centers worldwide, Trintech clients include many of the world’s largest firms (Walmart, Intel, Microsoft, Siemens, majority of Fortune 100).
Duties and Responsibilities
- Evolve continuous integration\continuous deployment (CI\CD) toolsets and methodologies to maintain consistent environments and automate deployments.
- Design, code, and test automation and tools in accordance with best practices and coding standards.Identify dependencies and risks, proposing solutions that optimize trade-offs between time, cost, and scope.
- Fully support 24x7 production environments with cloud-scale Hosted and SaaS applications.Mentor members of own team across domains.
- Lead shift in a follow-the-sun rotation providing 24x7 production support.
- Maintain subject matter expertise across multiple domains and applications.
- Effectively support applications throughout all lifecycle stages, interacting with multiple stakeholder groups in multiple environments (e.g., QA, UAT, and production).Lead efforts to improve efficiency, employing methodologies and technologies as needed.
- Champion efficiency, automation, and best practices with own team.
- Make significant contributions to process and documentation initiatives.
- Recognize common mistakes being made and takes action to prevent recurrence.
- Own root cause analysis for complex infrastructure and application issues.Identify and drive strategies to prevent recurrence.
- Ensure production changes are documented, fully tested in non-production environments, and adhere to change control and audit requirements.
- Demonstrates insatiable passion for learning and technology.Is self-motivated and driven to succeed collaboratively, caring more about solution than credit.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, Engineering, or equivalent experience.
- Excellent written, oral, and interpersonal communication skills.
- 5-7 years of experience supporting cloud applications throughout the full Systems Development Life Cycle (SDLC).
- 5-7 years of experience managing systems in a 24x7 production environment.
- Demonstrated ability and proclivity for programming/scripting languages (e.g., Java, C#, .NET, BASH, PowerShell, Python).
- Hands-on system engineering skills.Demonstrated proficiency with at least one operating system family (e.g., Windows, RHEL/CentOS or Ubuntu Linux, etc.).
- Network engineering and/or security experience.Exposure to firewalls, load balancers, routers, switches, etc. (e.g., Cisco, F5, etc.).
- Experience supporting enterprise DevOps, automation, and/or CI/CD tools (e.g., Ansible, Chef, Jenkins, etc.).
- Experience supporting a range of web (IIS, Apache, Tomcat), database (SQL Server, Oracle, etc.), and reporting (Intellicus, SQL Reporting Services, etc.) technologies.
- Experience using enterprise ticketing systems and tools (Salesforce, Remedy, JIRA, TFS).
- Exposure to with Docker and related technologies (e.g., Mesos/Marathon, etc.) is a plus.
- One or more relevant technical certifications (e.g., Microsoft MCSE, RedHat RHCE, Cisco CCNA, CISSP, etc.) are desired.
- ITIL v3 Foundation certification is a plus.
- Agile Certified Professional (ACP) certification is a plus.