Advanced | Operations (Managed Services) | Ashford, England
Team & Role
This role requires an experienced Project Manager with experience running projects within Infrastructure environments and IT Services Business Transformation.
You will take total accountability for planning, structuring, leading and delivering a variety of transition and transformation projects of varying risk and complexity. Responsible for managing the full project lifecycle and project teams consisting of technical consultants, engineers and 3rd party resources.
You will provide overall ownership of the project from Project Initiation to Service Take-On managing the project budget, monitoring all expenditures and costs against delivered and realised benefits as the programme progresses.
- Project Initiation – The ability to producing a clear definition of a project including the project deliverables, risks, impacts and cost.
- Planning – Estimating the necessary effort and elapsed time to meet the defined deliverables in accordance with the Advanced Project Management Methodology. Ensuring that projects remain on track to deliver within the agreed cost and timescales
- Project control – Applying control to the project. This will be reported on a weekly basis both internally and to the key stakeholders.
- Team leadership – Taking responsibility for establishing the environment necessary for the project team to successfully complete the required work.
- Relationship management – Establishing good working relationships with clients and suppliers.
- Technical Management – having sufficient technical appreciation to drive the resolution of project issues as they arise and be capable of interfacing with the Technical Lead to address complex technical issues.
- Excellent Judgement – the ability to understand when to resolve and when to escalate
- Knowledge and experience of IT Services, coupled with a keenness to learn
- Proven experience in Project Management using leading methodologies and processes.
- A proven track record of managing projects within a Managed Services and IT Infrastructure environment.
- Experience of managing multiple parties including third party vendors on high profile and technologically innovative enterprise solutions
- Strong knowledge of IT infrastructure technologies.
- Prince 2 level training or equivalent