Director, Software Engineering
EagleView | Engineering & IT | Bengaluru, Karnataka
Mixing technology, data, and first-in-class innovation, EagleView® is not only leading the the blue one data analytics market, but also changing lives along the way. Come join us and make great things happen!
EagleView is a fast-growing technology company driving game-changing innovation in multibillion-dollar markets such as property insurance, energy, construction, and government. Leveraging 17 years of the most advanced aerial imaging technology in the world, along with the most recent advances in machine learning and AI, EagleView is fundamentally transforming how our customers do business.
At EagleView, we believe that making our culture engaging and empowering are keys to success. Our kitchens are stocked 24/7; social, athletic, and wellness opportunities are plentiful; and the growth, education, and potential of employees is a top priority, making EagleView a “Best Place to Work” for more than five years running.
We are looking for a talented Director of Software Engineering to join our engineering team. As a director, you will lead several teams participating in all aspects of the software development life cycle: scoping, design, coding, testing, implementation and support. You will help hire, train, mentor and lead teams of highly capable engineers. Your teams will work on EagleView’s scalable micro-services platform and geospatially-aware applications across multiple industries and form-factors. In this role, you must be able to multi-task, quickly adapt to new environments, learn new systems, and find creative and scalable solutions to difficult and complex problems. You take pride and ownership in your work as well as the overall contributions of your teams. You must have the ability to take a system-wide and company-wide understanding, recognize trade-offs, best practices and make priority and staffing decisions across your teams. Your ability to communicate clearly and concisely (both written and verbal) is key, as is being a self-starter.
- Build, train, mentor and lead cross-functional agile teams
- Help design, architect and develop advanced software solutions supporting multiple projects and initiatives
- Make system and company-wide decisions and tradeoffs to deliver the highest quality code with the least churn
- Collaborate with product owners and/or the business on requirements definition, development of functional specifications, and design
- Collaborate on or lead development of technical design and specifications as required
- Establish and lead best practices in software engineering across your teams and the engineering org
Skills & Requirements
- Bachelor’s Degree required, preferably in Computer Science or related field
- 10+ years as an engineering lead or manager
- Experience with cloud technologies (AWS) and containerization
- Experience with a micro-services architecture
- Excellent communication, collaboration, reporting, analytical and problem solving skills
- Solid understanding of Agile (SCRUM) Development Process required
- Test-driven development mindset and a focus on quality, scalability and performance
EagleView® offers competitive pay and robust benefit plans along with the opportunity to grow your career in a fast-paced, fun and casual environment.