Director, Software Engineering
EagleView | Engineering & IT
We are looking for a talented Director of Software Engineering to join our engineering team. As a director, you will lead several teams participating in all aspects of the software development life cycle: scoping, design, coding, testing, implementation and support. You will help hire, train, mentor and lead teams of highly capable engineers. Your teams will work on EagleView’s scalable micro-services platform and geospatially-aware applications across multiple industries and form-factors. In this role, you must be able to multi-task, quickly adapt to new environments, learn new systems, and find creative and scalable solutions to difficult and complex problems. You take pride and ownership in your work as well as the overall contributions of your teams. You must have the ability to take a system-wide and company-wide understanding, recognize trade-offs, best practices and make priority and staffing decisions across your teams. Your ability to communicate clearly and concisely (both written and verbal) is key, as is being a self-starter.
- Build, train, mentor and lead cross-functional agile teams
- Help design, architect and develop advanced software solutions supporting multiple projects and initiatives
- Make system and company-wide decisions and tradeoffs to deliver the highest quality code with the least churn
- Collaborate with product owners and/or the business on requirements definition, development of functional specifications, and design
- Collaborate on or lead development of technical design and specifications as required
- Establish and lead best practices in software engineering across your teams and the engineering org
- Bachelor’s Degree required, preferably in Computer Science or related field
- 10+ years as an engineering lead or manager
- Experience with cloud technologies (AWS) and containerization
- Experience with a micro-services architecture
- Excellent communication, collaboration, reporting, analytical and problem solving skills
- Solid understanding of Agile (SCRUM) Development Process required
- Test-driven development mindset and a focus on quality, scalability and performance
EagleView® offers competitive pay and robust benefit plans along with the opportunity to grow your career in a fast-paced, fun and casual environment.
EagleView and its subsidiaries are committed toleveraging the talent of a diverse workforce to create great opportunities forour business and our people. EOE/AA. Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran.