Numerator | Engineering | Ottawa, Ontario
Numerator is looking for talented engineers to join our analytics team at Numerator. The analytics engineering team is responsible for interfacing with the product team and developing the sophisticated reports within our homegrown SaaS platform. They are responsible for solving how to balance complicated volumes of data into a simple set of visual interactions, flows & outputs.
The right candidate has enough data analysis to be able to marry a business question to a data set. Probably know enough SQL to be dangerous but this is not a strict requirement. However, they have had experience working with data outside of excel. They are comfortable working with products that will be client facing and a few analytical chops are useful too. You may be a person who has successfully transitioned a professional career after a coding bootcamp or may be currently working as a backend engineer, but interested in gaining experience with analytics & the view layer.
- Develop reports on top of our analytics platform, Numerator Insights, that will combine multiple data sets using Pandas and SQLAlchemy to answer business questions and uncover insights.
- Develop a testing framework for our web analytics platform. Our current test coverage needs massive improvement. Using techniques such as regression testing to cover existing scenarios will avoid issues in production. As a follow up, we want to explore mutation testing to discover new scenarios that our end users may try in the future.
- Actively help our on-site consultants with questions about data and functionality of analytics platform.
- Explore new programming languages and development frameworks to help the Insights team accelerate implementation.
- A minimum of 1-2 years of software development experience or equivalent education
- Experience with Python and R, as well as Pandas, Shiny, or similar for data analysis toolkits
- Experience with relational databases, analytical SQL and SQLAlchemy
- Solid understanding of data visualization techniques & libraries
- Bachelor’s in Computer Science or equivalent coursework at undergraduate/graduate level
- Experience with best practices on CI/CD & Git based source control
- Business analysis & delivery for projects with visualization is a differentiator
- Strong eye for design quality and intuitive user experiences
- Start-up and/or industry experience
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.