Technical Support Engineer
Granicus | IT and Internal Support | St. Paul, MN
The Support Engineer is a detective whose knowledge of relational databases, scripting, web applications, networks and general knowledge of internet communication protocols provides a valuable insight for solving problems. They are responsible for providing high-quality technical support for the Granicus software services we provide to the government and public.
This person will also work on other programming and documentation projects as required. The Technical Support team partners with the Customer Support team in maintaining a “Customer Focused” environment, partnering with our stakeholders to achieve the highest customer lifetime value and satisfaction.
What You’ll Do:
- Ticket escalation from Customer Support team.
- On-call rotation for Production Application Support.
- Responsible for Granicus information security by appropriately preserving the Confidentiality, Integrity, and Availability (CIA) of Granicus information assets in accordance with the company's information security program.
- Taking ownership of technical issues and working with other Engineering groups to resolve more advanced issues when necessary.
- Resolving escalated customer complaints without the need for team lead intervention.
- Documenting troubleshooting and problem resolution steps.
- Updating the ticket tracking system to provide an accurate, and current, status of support issues.
- Creating Knowledge Base articles to expand the knowledge for handling support issues.
Who You Are:
- You have a technical degree in Computer Science or related field or equivalent experience (2+ yrs.).
- You have enterprise SaaS or web-hosted software knowledge.
- You have experience supporting or administering Windows 7 and Windows server.
- You have experience with scripting languages, ideally PowerShell.
- You have relational database experience (Oracle/MySQL/PostgreSQL/etc.).
- You have experience with monitoring tools like NewRelic, Pingdom, and LogicMonitor.
- You have experience troubleshooting network infrastructure.
- You have had exposure to front end web development or email / SMS technology
- You have a technical understanding of agile SDLC.
- You have an enthusiastic approach to problem-solving.
- You’ve used ticketing systems such as JIRA or a bug tracking system.
Granicus is committed to providing equal employment opportunities. All qualified applicants and employees will be considered for employment and advancement without regard to race, color, religion, creed, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, physical or mental disability, age, genetic information, sexual or affectional orientation, marital status, status with regard to public assistance, familial status, military or veteran status or any other status protected by applicable law.