Model Risk Management Specialist
Regulatory DataCorp | Operations | King of Prussia, PA
The primary responsibility of the Model Risk Management Analyst will be to assist with development, administration and implementation of RDC's model risk management framework within the enterprise risk management system. This role involves collaborating with the product development team, data science and modelling team, quality control and risk management and model owners/users throughout the organization in the following risk areas: Client Due Diligence (CDD) screening solutions, name matching, and use of machine learning/artificial intelligence models, etc. The Model Risk Management Specialist will also support with risk reporting, data analysis, and analytics.
- Performing analysis of risks associated with models within the organization and assisting in designing and producing summary reports and metrics for management committees; develop reporting and processes to highlight emerging risks and key model risks across the enterprise.
- Establishing processes to monitor data quality. Ensure processes are in place to detect, correct, and prevent invalid data values.
- Working closely with model owners, and model risk management staff to ensure MRM policy, procedures and initiatives are being implemented appropriately.
- Executing duties related to model risk governance and ensuring compliance with model policy and procedures including: model inventory, model documentation standards, model implementation, model changes and model validation, model oversight committee. This involves working with all Segments across the organization.
- Supporting the end to end issue management tracking, reporting and resolution process
- Staying abreast of regulatory developments and industry best practices
- Bachelor's Degree.
- 4+ years of Risk, Compliance, Audit, Finance or Accounting and/or Financial Services Business Segment experience.
- A least one year of experience in assessing and managing model risk.
- Excellent analytical skills and strong attention to detail
- Ability to communicate effectively both verbally and in writing
- Experience reviewing, editing and writing reports for senior management
- Ability to work independently or as part of a team to resolve issues and meet deadlines
- Experience developing dashboards and/or PowerPoint presentations
- Proficient with Microsoft Office (Excel, PowerPoint, Word, and Access)
- Must be able to work on multiple projects and initiatives simultaneously
- Prior experience with ERMS, SQL, Access, Visual Basic Analysis (VBA), and/or Statistical Analysis Software (SAS) is preferred but not required.