Sr. Technical Support Engineer
Ping Identity | Tier II Support (3102)
At Ping Identity, we're changing the way people think about enterprise security technology. With our innovative Identity Defined Security platform, we're helping to build a borderless world where people have total freedom to work wherever and however they want. Without friction. Without fear.
We're headquartered in Denver, Colorado, and we have offices and employees around the globe. And we serve the largest, most demanding enterprises worldwide, including over half of the Fortune 100. Because even in the most complex enterprise environments, security shouldn't be a source of anxiety. It should be one of your greatest competitive advantages.
We call this digital freedom. And it's not just something we provide our customers. It's something that drives our company. People don't come here to join a culture that's built on digital freedom. They come to cultivate it.
Ping Identity has an industry leading suite of software and services products which are centred around industry standards such as SAML, OAuth, OIDC, FIDO, LDAP etc. Our SSO, Directory, MFA, CIAM and API Intelligence systems can be found operating in the Cloud and in customer’s private data centres.
The successful individual will be responsible for the second level of support for Ping Identity’s global customers using any of our products including PingFederate, PingAccess, PingDirectory, PingOne, PingID and any supported integration kits. Our Senior Technical Support Engineering team is responsible for researching functionality and usability related issues; working with our customers' IT personnel to understand the nature of the issue and communicate steps to resolve. Engineers must maintain their support test environment to quickly replicate customer issues and have a strong desire for continuous learning. Engineers consult with and/or escalate to our product development team when needed.
There is an element of paid on-call in this role, on rotation across the global team, weekends only, outages and critical care only.
- A minimum of 5 years related experience providing technical support at an Enterprise level
- Passion for customer service
- High level of initiative
- Desire to learn new and exciting technologies
- World-class interpersonal verbal & written communication skills
- Logical troubleshooting ability and analytical skill
- Experience collaborating and supporting others
Required Technology Exposure / Knowledge areas:
- Familiar with SaaS applications (Salesforce, Google, etc) and supporting SaaS solutions.
- Experience with Web server and application server integration and/or troubleshooting
- Troubleshooting web-based applications (through HTTP Tracing tools and log analysis) in browsers and applications servers.
- Understanding of Single Sign On (SAML, OAuth, OpenID & WS-FED)
- Understanding of Multi Factor Authentication (PingID, SecurID, DUO etc)
- Understanding of Lightweight Directory Access Protocol and Directory Services
- Public Key Infrastructure (PKI), X.509 certificates, SSL/TLS
- Network troubleshooting - TCP/IP, load balancers, firewalls, DNS
- Linux-based and/or Windows server OS management
- Active Directory, LDAP-based directories
- Relational Database systems such as Oracle, MS SQL Server, and MySQL J2EE
- Web-application servers (i.e. Apache, IIS, NGINX, Tomcat, WebSphere, WebLogic)
- Experiencing supporting Identity Access Managment solutions
- User Provisioning (SCIM)
- Cloud Services such as Azure, O365, AWS
The successful candidate will join a team of like-minded individuals who have a defined career path and access to learning opportunities in all the technologies involved. We offer all new employees a ramp up period to get to know the company and its products and work with each team member to coach the best working practices in the industry. The office, located in Melbourne, operates from 8am to 6pm with each engineer performing their role over an 8hr shift within the office hours.