Manager, Strategic Sales
Vertafore | Sales
Make an impact and love what you do! Vertafore is a top provider of software for the insurance industry that is continually transforming and improving itself each and every day. We create award-winning solutions to boost productivity, lower costs and help insurance agents and carriers grow their businesses. We respect and value our team, and we look to bring the best talent together to make our future even stronger.
We are currently seeking an engaged, energetic, and highly-motivated leader to join our Strategic Sales Team. The Manager of Strategic Sales is responsible for proactively managing the Account Executive team within the broader Strategic Sales Team to with the dual purpose of leading their team in both growing revenue and retaining customers.
Vertafore is about bringing together top talent to make an immediate impact in software. Our culture encourages employees who are able to create, think and challenge each other in a fast-paced environment. We are transforming our products and services, exploiting advanced techniques to create new “ways and means” for the insurance industry, and with that the industry is changing too.
Vertafore strongly supports equal employment opportunity for all applicants regardless of race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, pregnancy, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, age, marital status, physical disability, mental disability, medical condition, sexual orientation, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by state or federal law equal employment.
- Manage a team of Account Executives that further develop customer relationships through maintaining and selling Vertafore products and services into Vertafore Strategic accounts
- Develop and execute on Vertafore sales strategy, with a solid understanding of the marketplace, customer’s strategic directions and the Vertafore Value Selling Process
- Develop strong relationships with key senior decision makers and influencers within the industry, including traveling onsite with Account Executives to meet with agency partners
- Alongside the Vice President of Strategic Sales, execute on the Vertafore Value Selling Process, develop plans and strategies for developing business and achieving the company’s sales goals
- Manage a detailed and accurate sales process and forecast, and consistently meet with team to ensure movement and strategy towards achieving quota
- Build and lead a top performing sales team, ensuring the best possible talent at each level
- At least 10 years of related software sales experience, with 2-3 years of management experience
- Proven success in professional sales within the Financial Services industry, preferably insurance
- Self-motivated, ability to work independently and motivate a team
- Management of pipelines, territories, forecasting and processes
- Understanding of Salesforce.com and other key sales technologies used for Business Development, Opportunity creation and activity tracking
- Experience with coaching and mentoring
- Experience within a multi-dimensional operating environment is essential (i.e., not a mono-line, single market environment).
- Ability to travel up to 75%
- Bachelor’s degree preferred