VP, Sales Enablement*
Ping Identity | Sales (6100)
At Ping Identity, we're changing the way people think about enterprise security technology. With our innovative Identity Defined Security platform, we're helping to build a borderless world where people have total freedom to work wherever and however they want. Without friction. Without fear.
We're headquartered in Denver, Colorado, and we have offices and employees around the globe. And we serve the largest, most demanding enterprises worldwide, including over half of the Fortune 100. Because even in the most complex enterprise environments, security shouldn't be a source of anxiety. It should be one of your greatest competitive advantages.
We call this digital freedom. And it's not just something we provide our customers. It's something that drives our company. People don't come here to join a culture that's built on digital freedom. They come to cultivate it.
As our Vice President for Sales Enablement, you will transform and lead a global team dedicated to supporting excellence in the field through the development and delivery of both virtual and onsite enablement. This senior role will drive impactful training strategies and deliver productivity improvements to the sales organization. The Sales Enablement role will partner with executive leadership across the organization and lead cross-functional teams as part of an exciting internal transformation of our entire sales organization.
The successful candidate will actively work to understand Ping’s sales strategy, our corporate culture, and align the sales enablement strategy accordingly. The role will require you to help integrate what we sell, who we sell to, and how we sell across channels while taking into account regional selling differences. This includes leading the translation of product marketing materials and messaging into actionable, world class training programs.
Ping Identity leverages a successful Sales methodology which you will integrate into active learning opportunities. You will be responsible for enhancement of our new hire learning path which includes virtual, self-paced content and Base Camp and a quarterly programs. Our Sales and Qualification Process will be integrated into all training activities to ensure proper context. You will define and implement the metrics of success and establish a field reporting mechanism to reflect success and areas for improvement.
- Align with global senior management and sales leadership on training and enablement priorities are aligned with company objectives and goals
- Partnering with sales leadership and sales managers to define training needs and priorities, including onboarding, product/technology training, professional skills, and development paths
- Prioritize and align enablement needs by identifying biggest sales and skill gaps, while mapping solutions to company priorities across on-boarding, product/solutions training, and role-level learning paths
- Gathering ongoing sales development requirements, including corporate initiatives, to identify, shape and implement new global selling skills enablement programs
- Create sales strategy to enable the global sales force to have consistent, effective, and engaging sales conversations with prospects and customers at each stage of the sales cycle
- Produce a detailed global enablement plan that arms the sales and sales support teams organization to exceed their revenue targets
- Developing sales development programs— including content, tools and training— to create a coaching culture and to reinforce selling skills, selling motions, and sales process best practices to increase the velocity of the selling cycle
- Facilitate a corporate-wide learning culture including manager reinforcement, coaching, and leadership
- Create training curriculum based on experience level of participants taking into account learning patterns and individual responsibilities
- Develop a suite of sales enablement tools that span the sales cycle enabling the sales force to drive higher levels of efficiency, effectiveness and overall professionalism
- Determine training delivery methods, across multiple mediums, based on audience requirements and global considerations
- Identify creative adult tools and programs to close identified learning needs and knowledge gaps
- Effective lead a team of enablement experts to:
- Efficiently project manage the appropriate Subject Matter Experts to build and deliver key content
- Establish role based learning paths
- Create plays, case studies or vignettes which require the sales teams to perform audibly and make good strategic decisions in a safe learning environment
- Deliver and enhancing on-boarding and foundational courses
- Identify existing training, industry, value, and solution vendors to support enablement initiatives
- Defining, tracking, and reporting on key metrics that indicate sales effectiveness improvements and skill development traction
- Measure the level of usage across tools to provide guidance on business impact, areas for improvement, and additional future projects
- Disseminate and communicate information to the sales organization via the intranet, newsletters, etc.
- Coach and develop the sales enablement team members
- Strong sense of urgency and personal accountability
- Results-oriented decision making with a commitment to excellence
- Hands-on leader with solid detail to attention
- In-depth experience conducting sales enablement needs assessments and creating a best in class training curriculum
- Experience in identifying the best practices of a high performing sales organization
- Proven track record of global leadership and interaction
- Ability to work effectively and efficiently in a highly matrixed environment
- Strong interpersonal, communication, and conflict resolution skills
- Flexibility and ability to pivot as required
- Knowledge of sales tools (i.e. SFDC and iLearn) as well as virtual learning tools
- Ability to command a room; strong presentation skills
- 15+ years of relevant work experience in global sales enablement
- Minimum of 5 years global leadership experience
- B.S. or equivalent experience, advanced degree preferred