Software Engineer 1
Jamf | 300 - Engineering | Emmen, Drenthe
We are looking for a Software Engineer to join our Jamf School team to help us create, maintain and continually improve our products that help our customers find success with the Apple platform.
You participate in an agile delivery team that creates and delivers new features and supports existing functionality with high quality and reliability. You will have the opportunity to work on a variety of projects using diverse and cutting-edge technologies. The services are built as a distributed system, running on AWS, with technologies such as Java 11, Kotlin, PHP 7, MariaDB, Redis, RabbitMQ and others. With this we are supporting many administrators, teachers and parents to help students work effectively with Apple products.
Jamf is a fast-paced environment. Successful team members are adaptable to the change that is a part of software development. Our goal at Jamf is to ship the highest quality product to solve our customer's problems and be the first to have the latest functionality available.
- Build a deep understanding of workflows that make a Jamf School customer successful and apply that knowledge to build high-quality software
- Agile Development experience, especially: unit testing, continuous integration, refactoring, code reviews, meeting the overall project requirements
- Contribute as a fully embedded member of an agile team, working directly with other Software Engineers, Product Managers, Software Architects, Product Owners, and others to define, plan, and execute work
- Create, improve and maintain software components utilizing appropriate software language(s) while applying the necessary engineering theory and logic to meet overall project requirements
- Engage and collaborate with Software Engineers across teams to share and define best practices related to their area(s) of expertise
- 6 months Experience in PHP or Java application development, or any similar object-oriented languages
- Experience in work with source code version control systems, preferably Git
- Intermediate knowledge of SQL
- Strong communication, analytical, and listening skills
- Ability to interact effectively with co-workers in a results-driven culture
- Strong written and oral English language skills
- Passionate about new technologies
Location: Emmen, Netherlands
Job Type: Full-Time
Education: Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or related field