Senior System Administrator
Tomia | Information Technology | Bangalore, Karnataka
Senior System Administrator - Bangalore, India
Summary The Senior System Admin will be performing duties of a non-routine complex nature under general guidance using initiative and independent judgment. Must be competent to work on complex technical assignments.
TOMIA was formed from the merger of Starhome Mach and Telarix, industry veterans in Roaming and Interconnect. TOMIA offers transformative connectivity solutions to service providers worldwide. Its innovative offering enables customers to manage a unified optimization process of both roaming and interconnect while driving the future of connectivity through new technologies and services such as VoLTE, NFV, and 5G. With over 500 employees worldwide, regional headquarters in the US, Israel, Luxembourg, India, and a presence in over 30 countries, Tomia serves over 400 operators including 30 tier-1 and six of the industry’s largest groups. To learn more visit www.tomiaglobal.com.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned. All duties will be performed under the review/guidance of the Sr Systems Manager - NSO.
- Manage or support various internal and customer facing production infrastructure.
- Detect, diagnose, and resolve software and hardware failures.
- Provide support to IT operations, security, and communications systems.
- Maintain and administering Linux based systems like RedHat, Cent-OS.
- Able to work non-business hours providing system and application support.
- Handling Installation, Configuration, Administration, Upgrade and management of Solaris, Linux and VMware
- Planning, Designing and Maintaining High Availability on Pacemaker and VCS.
- Handling Installation, Configuration, Administration and management of IBM and HP Storages
- Responsible and accountable for complete production infrastructure availability 24/7.
- Senior Scripting level – Bash, Ansible -Very Important
- Apply security, Kernel patches on Linux systems
- Containers – dockers experience
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
- Minimum of a Bachelor's degree in discipline or equivalent experience.
- 6+ years of IT experience.
- Experience maintaining, virtual environment like VMware, Zones and LDOM’s.
- Experience with Linux and Solaris Environment.
- Experience with network equipment and networking protocols.
- Must have excellent communication skills, verbal and written, and work independently and well with others in a team environment.
- Must be able to present complex ideas into a clear, relevant, and compelling written product.
- Ability to verbally convey technical concepts in clear, concise and understandable terms is also required.
- Ability to work well under tight, fixed deadlines and effectively interact with a wide range of personnel, from executive to administrative staff.
- Ability to multitask, prioritize projects, and deliver on commitments.
- Flexibility to work non-traditional hours when necessary in a deadline-oriented environment.
Education and/or Experience
Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or a related field is required.
An individual must also have excellent communication in English both oral and written.
Physical Demands The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Work Environment The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.