Senior Scrum Master
MINDBODY | Product Development
The Senior Scrum Master will partner with product, software engineering, and quality assurance teams to guide the development of agile teams. It will be your responsibility to facilitate agile ceremonies including daily scrums, refinement, sprint planning, stakeholder demos, and retrospectives. Additional responsibilities include tracking internal and external dependencies, managing release deployment activities, and maintaining relevant metrics that provide organizational visibility.
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS AND REQUIREMENTS:
- 5+ years of relevant work experience in managing software development projects using Agile methodology
- 3+ years of experience working as a Scrum Master with multiple teams and cross team dependencies.
- Complete understanding of Scrum agile methodology, recognized education in agile processes and certification(s) preferred.
- Advanced knowledge of agile team metrics including: burn-down chart, capacity plan, sprint goal mapping, etc.
- Must have a thorough understanding of iterative / incremental software development.
- Able to lead a team to make realistic and achievable delivery commitments.
- Experience using Jira, Azure DevOps and/or similar enterprise-grade work management system.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Serve as scrum master for multiple teams with a focus on guiding the teams towards improving the way they work.
- Facilitate agile activities and meetings, including sprint planning, refinement session, retrospectives and sprint reviews.
- Assist the product manager / owner in the development of business cases, epics, features, stories or other requirement documents.
- Ensure cross team collaboration to fully understand business requirements and desired outcomes.
- Maintain relevant metrics that provide organizational visibility.
- Responsible for ensuring the team’s process evolves within organizational guidelines and standards of practice.
- Must be able to nurture self-organizing, high performing teams through servant leadership.
- Act as a process evangelist and agile coach.
- Excellent communicator, able to gain the respect of the team, stakeholders, and management.
- Effective conflict resolution through arbitration, negotiation, reasoned discussion, or escalation.
- Strong ability to identify risks, impediments, dependencies, and other team dysfunctions, and then facilitate a solution.
- Reach out to the larger organization to remove team blockers as necessary.
- Facilitate Agile ceremonies: daily scrums, refinement sessions, sprint planning, stakeholder demos, and retrospectives
- Track and manage dependencies (internal/external)
- Manage release deployment activities
- Identify and promote new techniques for improving Agile Software Development
- Provide guidance to product owner on user story creation
- Assist product manager in product backlog refinement
- Facilitate release planning
- Track impediments and do whatever is necessary to remove them
- Review/track burn down charts