Vertafore | Product Management | Montreal,
JOB TITLE: Product Manager
Make an impact and love what you do! Vertafore is a top provider of software for the insurance industry, which is currently undergoing dramatic change. We create award-winning solutions that boost productivity, lower costs and help agents and carriers grow their businesses. We respect and value our team, and we look to bring the best talent together to make our future even stronger.
We are looking for an innovative, technically perceptive product leader with insurance, finance, or enterprise software experience to join our Product Management team, in focusing on delivering transformational new solutions for the insurance broker market. This is an excellent opportunity to help shape the future of the insurance market and
to bring the latest technologies to both the brokerages we serve and their end customers.
As Product Manager, you will work with customers and cross-functional teams within Vertafore to define priorities and roadmaps, develop business requirements, lead go-to-market plans, and execute on product performance targets. This role will focus primarily on building net new capabilities for the company. You will build features from existing ideas and, also develop new ideas, based on industry experience and research, as well as your contact with customers and prospects. Successful candidates will possess a unique blend of business and technical savvy, a big-picture vision, and the drive to make that vision a reality. You should enjoy spending time in the market understanding our clients’ challenges, as well as collaborating with design and engineering colleagues to conceive and deliver solutions.
You will serve as the internal and external evangelist for your product offering and work with sales, marketing, and key customers to help them understand the product positioning, key benefits, and the value of
- Serve as a strategic product thinker while driving and implementing the product roadmap for your broker-facing products
- Bring to market revenue-generating, customer-driven software products while managing the entire product lifecycle from strategy to execution.
- Identify market opportunities through customer research and insights.
- Specify market requirements for current and future product by conducting market research supported by on-going visits to customers and non-customers.
- Inform product decisions with quantitative and qualitative data.
- Lead, create, and launch market-leading product offerings in partnership with other groups such as sales, marketing and engineering.
- Recommend pricing strategy, understand competitive positioning for our product offering.
- Develop and implement a company-wide go-to-market plan, working with all departments to execute.
- Liaise with Keal Systems User (KSU) group
- Lead UAT focus groups
- Lead special projects
- Bilingual is mandatory – French and English speaking.
- Ability to develop and execute a successful product roadmap with a proven record of accomplishment of managing all aspects of a successful product throughout its lifecycle.
- Prior experience in the insurance industry strongly preferred. Experience with insurance brokerages and accounting a plus.
- Demonstrated leadership skills and ability to influence decisions in a matrix environment, including senior level leaders.
- Strong problem-solving skills and willingness to roll up one’s sleeves to get the job done.
- Successful history of delivering customer-driven products designed to create a great customer experience.
- 3+ years of software and/or technology product management experience.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.