Entry Level Pre Sales Consultant
Advanced | Pre-Sales | Birmingham, England
Advanced are one of the UK’s largest software companies, developing a range of solutions covering the whole enterprise and delivering right-first-time solutions, which solve customer problems, save money and deliver significant impact to user’s lives. With more than 19,000 customers relying on our systems & infrastructure, our Sales team help to make the complex simple, as we become one of the UK technology industry’s success stories. We’re growing fast and building an exciting future.
You will be based in the Mailbox – our stunning Regional HQ in Birmingham City Centre, which provides the best opportunity for a vibrant social life with colleagues and outside of work.
What you will be doing
Contribute at all stages of the Pre-Sales process including:
- Assisting with the qualification of business opportunities
- Leading and coordinating system demonstrations for multiple product offerings
- Configuring demonstration environments to meet the requirements of client, but also entering data to support demonstrations.
- Working with the bid team to support tenders, completing bid responses/answering technical questions for customers and prospects
- Training internal members of staff in the use of the solution when required
- Supporting work on internal promotion of solution set, to ensure consistent messaging across teams i.e. Sales, Services, Support etc
- Be responsible for the maintenance of demonstration environments and keep them up to date
- Work with key staff on product launches and GTM initiatives
- Support the Marketing and Sales Enablement functions in preparing a library of Sales Collateral and materials for use by field based Pre-Sales and Sales teams. Specifically creating a library of short focussed video demonstrations
Learning and Development
As part of our commitment the successful applicants will undergo an extensive and comprehensive training schedule to train in all aspects of Pre-Sales development and product knowledge. Specifically we will provide a suite of on-going learning, based on key areas:
- Product knowledge – learning the detailed workings of our key solutions and how to present these to clients
- Market Knowledge – understanding the drivers in each of our key verticals and learning the detailed specifics of each market and how Advanced addresses business pains in that area
- Situation Knowledge – you will go through a specific programme of training on Demonstration and Pre-Sales skills, developing your own ability to meet the demanding challenges of the role.
- Business Knowledge – You will learn more about the business, the people and key stakeholders and gain development in key areas that will benefit you in the role now and in future roles.
What you will be good at
Specific Pre-Sales experience is not necessary as we will provide training. However the successful candidates will demonstrate a number of key skills and attributes
- Willingness to learn about the solutions and the market
- Good basic presentation and communication skills to small audiences
- Excellent organisation skills
- Excellent communication skills
- Ability to multi task and prioritise under pressure
- Self-motivated to deliver a quality service both internally and externally
- Adaptable to work independently or part of a team
- Demonstrable ability to build relationships with customers, prospects and colleagues
- Ability to develop business analysis skills in understanding customers’ requirements and key drivers
Reimagine your Future by Joining the Advanced Team
We hire for potential, and develop at pace.
Our entry-level hiring strategy is all about identifying potential. At Advanced, we don’t believe in CVs. We passionately believe that your individual personality and core strengths are what can make you right for us. Assessing you for behavioural fit and not for past experiences. We want you to learn, to discover, to experiment, to make a difference.
With a £254m turnover, 19,000 customers and 2,350 employees we pride ourselves on delivering focused software solutions for the public sector, enterprise commercial and health & care organisations that simplify complex business challenges and deliver immediate value.
Some of our Key Benefits from day oneare:
- Generous Annual Leave - 25 days annual leave plus localised public holidays, with the ability to buy additional days
- Advanced Perks At Work - Exclusive employee discount programme providing access to enhanced offers at high street retailers (including John Lewis, Tesco, Apple and Asos), discounted rates for cinema and theatre tickets, accommodation and travel bookings
- Stunning office locations across 5 key hubs
- Charity Fundraising - Proud to be a Patron of The Prince's Trust
- Dedicated talent development team to help your Advanced career progress
- Top Achievers Club – our internal award scheme recognising excellence in our Advanced colleagues
- Pension Scheme (up to 5% matched contribution)
- Life insurance x 4 times salary
- Income protection insurance
- Childcare voucher (salary sacrifice)
- Cycle to work scheme (salary sacrifice)
- Employee assistance programme
Why should you apply? Advanced are different – we hire for potential and develop at pace so if you can reimagine your future in a vibrant growing company we would like to hear from you. We are an equal opportunity employer, committed to removing bias from the hiring process.
If your application is successful, you will initially be required to take an online assessment, undertake an interview with the HR team and attend a final assessment day. Do not hesitate, apply now and a member of our in-house talent acquisition team will be in touch!